Expresso

"Five if you don't stop breathing loudly I'm going to cut your vocal cords," I mutter, annoyed feeling my body.

"I'm just breathing, don't like it, get earplugs." He scoffed, typing on the computer.

We have been trying to research things about me for hours and we haven't got anywhere.

"Fuck this." He closes the computer loudly.

I watch him. "Woah there hulk, you might break the computer," I smirk.

He rolls his eyes."I need a drink." He goes to get whiskey and chugs it down.

It's been a week and a half since I first got sent on this mission, a week since I've started staying here. Me and Allison are super close now. Diego seems wary of me still but.

Five and I can now be in a room together without wanting to murder each other, we hate each other don't get me wrong but..

It's silent for a few seconds, I'm still googling some things but it seems like I'm completely erased from history, which I mean makes sense because I've been at The Commission since birth but you would think there would be something dealing with my parents giving me up like the Hargreeves.

Five sits up straight, his face lighting up like he has an idea.

"What?" I ask.

"Shhh." He whispers while he opens his computer and types away.

I roll my eyes and lay back in my chair and close my eyes.

A few seconds later he jumps out of his seat. "I got it! I got a lead!"

I open my eyes and sit up straight as he turns his computer to me. "You have powers to melt things and cause storms right?" He asked.

I nod and scan over the screen. It's an article talking about a random storm that lasted 5 minutes along with a McDonalds blowing up and killing a few people.

"So? It was a freak coincidence?" I looked at him.

"Check the date, dumbass." He rolled his eyes

"October 1st, 2007." I breathed out. "My birthday."

Five takes his computer back and smirks. "Guess we are taking a trip."

I shake my head. "W-what? This doesn't mean anything Five."

He shrugs. "Only way to find out, go pack a bag."

He walks out without another word and I sigh, throwing my head back.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window, and an awkward feeling swarming the car. The only noise was the music coming from the radio.

I glance over to Five who is gripping the steering wheel, only focused on the road.

"Do you know where we are going?" I ask.

"Yes, I know how to read directions." He mumbled.

I roll my eyes and shrink down into my seat, looking at my phone.

A few minutes later we pulled into a gas station.

"What are we doing?" I have a question.

"I don't know Paisley, what do you usually do at a gas station." He slams the door.

Such a bitch..All the time.

I smile and lean out the window, "Can you get me snacks."

He looks at me, shaking his head.

I pout and decide to annoy him till he does it.

"Please, please, please," I say over and over again, I giggle a little as I watch the little vein in his forehead pop up as he gets annoyed.

"Oh my god fine, what the hell do you want?" He shuts me up.

"Mtn dew and takis please." I smile, using puppy dog eyes.

He scoffs as he finishes pumping gas and walks inside. I sit back in the seat, putting my feet on the dash. A few seconds later he comes back and throws the bag at me through the window.

I smile and get in the car starting it up, before we leave he smacks my feet with his hand.

"Bitch." I put my feet back down on the floor.

"Put your feet on my dash again and I will cut them off." He drives off.

I take out my snacks and start eating.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later I woke up from a nap. I expected us to be there by now. I look over at Five who is humming along to music on the radio.

I make a noise so he knows I'm awake. He glances over at me and looks back at the road.

"Good morning evil queen."

I roll my eyes. "Bitch please, I'm sleeping beauty."

He scoffs and glances at me before speaking. "I'm pretty sure sleeping beauty doesn't snore,"

I gasp. "I don't snore!"

He laughs a little and my cheeks turn a light shade of red.

I glance over to his phone which is Bluetooth to the radio, I snatch it before he can react, turn his Bluetooth off, and connect mine.

He huffs and snatches his phone back once we get to a red light.

I smile. "Payback."

I turn on "Expresso" by Sabrina Carpenter and sing along. I hear him groan from next to me and I laugh.

"I thought you would have better taste than this." He scoffs

"I listen to all kinds of music."

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally reached the town and found a hotel room since it was now nighttime. I grabbed my stuff as Five was talking to the reception girl. She was no older than us and was eying Five up and down, clearly flirting. He wasn't giving her the time of day.

A weird feeling was running through me as I watched it unfold. I avoided eye contact when he started walking back.

"Room 110" He states, walking off in the direction I follow.

We make it to the room and he unlocks the door, we step in and I set my bag next to the door.

"Fuck." he curses under his breath.

I was going to ask him what but then looked up and realized why.

There's only one bed.

"I'll check the couch," I mutter before walking over to it and sitting down.

"What, no? I will." He looked at me surprised.

I scoff, "Really, it's fine." I lay down on it closing my eyes, too exhausted to care to do anything else.

He sighs and crawls onto the bed. "Don't act like I wasn't trying to help."

I hummed and it went silent.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two chapters in one night? Wow.