Yoongi's Side Of The Story

Back in the kitchen

Yoongi moves closer to Namjoon. "Why are you wearing an apron, no shirt, and no shoes? Did you? Wait, did you spend the night together?"

"It's a long story, hyung, but more importantly, why was Lanne crying?"

Yoongi sighs out of frustration, "It's a long story too."

Namjoon leads Yoongi out of the kitchen into the living room.

Sitting on the couch, they stare out at the room, neither speaking. Yoongi because he really doesn't want to talk about his feelings and admit what an ass he was to Lanne this morning. Namjoon because he is trying to figure out the best way to get Yoongi to talk about how he feels.

Then Namjoon clears his throat before speaking, "Hyung, are you in love with Lanne?"

He jumps up from the couch, pacing and running his hand through his hair. "Why? What makes you think that? We haven't known each other long enough to be in love."

Namjoon grins, "Because I can see it."

Yoongi stops pacing and stares at Namjoon, "Huh? You can see it?" Startled at first, Yoongi thinks, 'Can he really see it? Am I that obvious!? 

Namjoon stands and places a hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "I can see it in the way you look at her. I can hear it in your voice as it softens when you talk to her or about her. I can see how your face lights up each time you know you'll be seeing her."

"Really?" Yoongi asks, looking defeated. He thought he was doing a great job keeping his emotions in check. He sits back down on the couch, and Namjoon does too.

Plopping back, Yoongi covers his face with his hands before looking at Namjoon. He sits back up, hoping he can explain things to Namjoon and that he understands.

"I don't know what is happening to me. I can't explain it. It is; it's just something that keeps pulling me to her. There is something about her I, I don't think I can live without."

Namjoon begins to smile. "Do you feel like your life is falling apart when you're not with her? Like you will go nuts if you don't see her?"

"What are you smiling about? It's not funny, but yeah, that is how it feels." He rests his head in his hands.

"What happened last night?"

Not lifting his head, Yoongi begins talking. "I picked her up, and everything was going fine.  We talked about everything: all our past regrets, mistakes, and positive changes. It was like we were old friends reunited and catching up. I have never experienced anything like it before."

He looks soulfully at Namjoon, "I made love to Lanne last night, and I mean that Joon, I made Love to her. I've never felt anything more perfect in my life."

"Then why did she come home crying with you begging her to wait? Wait for what?"

Yoongi sighed, lifting his head to look out the window; he continued, "I woke this morning with her in my arms, sleeping. I panicked." Yoongi gets up and starts pacing. "I . . . fuck, I got scared, okay, I got scared!"

Surprised that Yoongi felt scared, he had to ask, "What were you afraid of?"

Yoongi stares blankly, walking to the window and peering over the city. "I felt too much. Does that make sense? I felt too much. Everything all at once, but that can't . . . won't work!"

 He turns as Namjoon approaches. "It won't work! I can't love her. I can only break her heart by loving her."

"Hyung, was that why she came in crying? You told her you couldn't love her?" Namjoon is getting upset. He never thought Yoongi would hurt someone that way.

Yoongi hangs his head in shame. "No, I wouldn't speak to her when she woke up. I ignored her. When I went into the living room, she was sitting there. My god, her eyes told me everything she was feeling. It tore my heart to pieces."

"You should have talked to her, let her know what you were feeling. Apparently, your mind was in an emotional blender. Talking could have helped." Namjoon, watching the turmoil on Yoongi's face, is frustrated, feeling he is no help to his hyung.

Yoongi walks away from Namjoon, shaking his head. "No, I couldn't do it. I knew if I started talking about it, I would break down. I thought it would be best just to let her go since we are leaving anyway. It would be better that I left her thinking I didn't care."

"Better for her or YOU! Did you ever think about her or just yourself!?" Namjoon confronts his elder angrily, "She loves you, and you only think of yourself!? I can't believe you would do that!"

"It's not like that! I do love her . . . too damn much! If I don't break it off now, I don't think I can make it . . ." 

Yoongi's chin starts to quiver, and Namjoon grabs him in a hug before his tears fall. He has never seen Yoongi feel this emotional over someone before. It is almost scaring him. Then, something he and Emily talked about last night comes to mind.

Yoongi stands ramrod straight in Namjoon's hug, not feeling deserving of the hug or his understanding. "I fucked up. I was selfish. I don't understand what is happening to me. I feel like I will die without her, but with her, I . . . I don't know, I don't know." Namjoon hears the desperation in his voice.

Turning very serious, Namjoon looks Yoongi directly in the eyes, "Have you ever heard of the Red String of Fate?"

"The what?" Yoongi wipes at his face and walks back to the window overlooking the city.

Namjoon stands beside him, watching the city as the rain still comes down like diamonds, only this time it's the morning sun making them sparkle. He fondly remembers falling asleep with Emily in his arms. He smiles at the memory before explaining the Red String to Yoongi.

"The Invisible Red String of Fate is said to be tied to two lovers who are meant to be together, like Emily and me. We are meant to be together. I think you and Lanne are tied together. No one connected by the Red String of Fate can escape it Yoongi, not even you."

 As Yoongi thinks this over he recalls hearing stories about a string when he was younger but he never paid any attention to the old wives-tale.

Namjoon turns toward the sound of La's bedroom door opening and watches with a dimpled smile as Emily walks toward him. She takes hold of his hand and moves close to his side. Then looks a Yoongi.

"Yoongi?" she asks, causing him to break from his thoughts of Lanne and the Red String.

"What?"

"La wants to talk to you."

Yoongi runs to La's bedroom and stops at the door, hesitant to knock or just go in.

He looks back at Em and Namjoon. Em is gesturing to turn the knob and go in while Namjoon is making knocking motions with his hand. Emily looks up at him and pouts before whacking him on the shoulder.

Surprised, Namjoon looks at her and then waves Yoongi to go ahead as he drags Emily into his arms. He leads her out on the balcony to cross over to her apartment and into her bedroom.

She giggles. This time, no pain medicine is involved as Namjoon closes the bedroom door.