Driving Lil' Suga

You thought you would have to ask Ki for a ride home when you suddenly remembered La saying you could do the impossible

You thought you would have to ask Ki for a ride home when you suddenly remembered La saying you could do the impossible . . . drive HER car home! You sneak a glance at Namjoon and wonder if he would like to go for a ride in the car. 'I'm sure La wouldn't mind, it being Namjoon and all.' You smile to yourself. 'I'm sure it will be fine with LA.'

Everyone is ready to go, and you ride back with Ki, Jimin, and Namjoon to his apartment. This time, Jimin rides up front, leaving you and Namjoon in the back seat.

His hand is resting so close to yours on the seat that you can feel the warmth of his skin. 'You can do this, Em. Ask him, ask him!'

"Joon?"

He turns to face you, "Yes?"

Feeling your cheeks warm, you knew you were blushing, "I was wondering if, after we get back, if you would like to take a ride in Lil' Suga with me?"

He brows furrow, "Ride in Lil' Suga? I don't understand." He didn't know the car had a name.

"La is lending me her car. You will love it! We can take a ride to the park. That is, if you want to." Suddenly feeling sheepish, you look out the window. You feel his hand lay softly over yours.

"I would love that." Glancing back at him, you are dazzled by his smile.

You reach home and bid the Uber driver a happy goodbye; they must have sensed your mood because they kept telling you funny Uber stories and finally got you laughing on the way home

No sooner do you enter, does the loneliness and sadness return. You are confused by Yoongi and his actions, but that is all mingled with your happiness for Emily and Namjoon. Then there is Ki, such a strange day it has turned out to be and Yoongi, what is going on there with Yoongi? Sighing, you leave your shoes at the door and pad barefoot to your bedroom, dropping your purse and house keys on the couch. 'What is it with Yoongi and my heart?'

'I guess some things just aren't meant to be. But I'm thrilled for Em, she needs someone as sweet as Namjoon in her life. I think they need each other, could it be fate for them?' This brings a smile to your face

You go to your room to shower and plan on taking a nap, there is nothing more wonderful than a good afternoon nap, 'After a good cry.' 

It seemed no sooner than you dozed off, your phone started with Em's ring tone, RM's Trivia: Love.

Rolling on your side to grab the cellphone you answer as you push your hair out of your face. You mumble a sleepy, "Hellooo?"

"La? It's Em, look I'm really, really sorry. Please don't be mad at me." You can hear the desperation and panic in her voice.

Snapping wide awake, you ask, "Emily, what is it? Are you ok?" Sitting on the side of the bed, you anxiously wait for her reply.

"Um, La, I think you better sit down. I have some bad news."

'Oh my gosh, what is it? Are you okay, are you hurt? Where are you? I will come and get you." You hop up and put the phone on speaker, "Are you still with Namjoon and the others? I'll pick you up."

You stumble, trying to get dressed so you can get Em. Suddenly, you stop, one leg partially lifted to put your shoe on and drop on the edge of the bed. When it dawns on you that she has the keys to Lil' Suga. You flop onto your back on the bed in despair.

"Oh no. No Em. Please don't tell me this has anything to do with Lil' Suga."

"Um, well. Kind of." You can hear the stress in her voice mixed with fear.

"Emily, tell me what happened, and please say you're okay."

"I, I took Namjoon for a ride to the park, and well. I, I knew I should have asked you first, but I didn't think you would mind and and . . ."

"Emily, calm down. I don't mind if you and Namjoon went to the park, but yeah I would have liked to have known."

 You can hear Em starting to hyperventilate. "Em . . . Emily, calm down. It okay if you went to the park. Now tell me what happened."

"After lunch, I asked Namjoon if he would like to go for a ride to the park, and he said yes

"After lunch, I asked Namjoon if he would like to go for a ride to the park, and he said yes. When we got there, we walked around the pond and got bread to feed the ducks.  Lanne, it was so beautiful, and he, and he . . ."

"What? What happened?"

"Oh, Lanne he asked if he could kiss me!" 

Lanne could hear the little thrill carry through your voice, making her smile.

You explain to Lanne. "We were sitting on the park bench and were feeding the ducks when I dropped the little bag of crumbs. He bent down to pick it up, and when he sat back, he scooted closer to me as he handed me the little bag. When I looked up at him, he was looking into my eyes. "

 Lanne can hear you, sigh.

"His eyes were so warm, I got lost in them, and the next thing I know, it seemed his eyes were growing larger. I realized his face was moving closer to mine. He whispered, 'Can I kiss you Emily?' and I nodded, so he did."

"Oh Emily, that is so wonderful. But what about Lil' Suga?"

A/N: The car pictured is the Author's actual car. 1 of 16 made for the 2015 model year/make. Out of over seventy nine thousands Dodge Challenger RT/Plus models made that year, there were only 16 specially made like the one the author has.

Her friend hand painted the name Lil' Suga on the side.