FIRE Ayy Ayy-Oh!

After returning home, you cleaned up the kitchen and peeked in to check on Em

After returning home, you cleaned up the kitchen and peeked in to check on Em. On your way back, you still leave the connecting door between your apartments open in case she needs you. Stopping long enough to lean on the wall and set the alarm on your phone to be up in time for the arrival of the rental car in the morning, you kick off your shoes and undo the bow at the back of your dress.

Picking up the shoes and heading to your bedroom, you close the door and let your dress drop to the floor. Exhausted, you climb into bed, thinking about tomorrow and the trip to the beach. Remembering Yoongi's kiss, you quickly drop off to sleep and dream.

The next day, after being at the beach for a couple of hours having fun, a storm front moved in, sending everyone scurrying off the beach. The day's plans were canceled, and new ones were made. Everyone decided to have lunch and then go to the arcade. No one was in a hurry to end the fun, especially Yoongi.

He enjoyed seeing your playful and teasing side as you interacted with the others. He felt that this was what he wanted in his life, someone just like you. He thinks, 'I don't want someone just like her. I want her.'

He is watching you play Dunk Shot with Jungkook and burst out in knee-smacking laughter as you beat Jungkook again, getting a higher score. The others surround you, cheering while Jungkook pouts for a few seconds before joining in.

The day is advancing to evening, and Yoongi is being consumed more and more by his thoughts about how the night with you will go. He smiles, watching you as Jungkook tries to get you to agree to a rematch.

After one last game of Dunk Shot, you tell everyone goodbye. You have to get home in time to shower and change before dinner tonight with Yoongi. At the car, Yoongi gives you a quick kiss on the cheek. 

"I will see you at seven." He tells you as he closes the car door and watches you drive away.

You only had a brief moment for excited girl talk with La before she rushed back to her apartment to get ready for the date with Yoongi

Not long after Yoongi had picked up La, Namjoon arrives for the home date

You open the door and let him in, and he pulls a small bouquet from behind his back and hands it to you.

"Hello, beautiful." he graces you with his dimpled smile.

Beaming happily back, you hold the flowers, smile, and say, "Hi, handsome. Thank you. These are so pretty." He follows you into the kitchen and watches as you put the flowers in a vase of water and carry it, barely limping to the living room. 

You don't want to take a pain pill and hope you can keep the discomfort from Namjoon.

After a few minutes of watching a movie, the doorbell rings. Both of you turn to look at the door. Thinking 'DINNER!'

"Well, it isn't going to open itself." you playfully say as you get up.

Remembering your slight limp from your injured knee and ankle, Namjoon says, "I'll get it." 

He hurries to the door and takes the delivery, but a special delivery arrives before he can close the door. You are sitting on the couch, watching, wondering what is happening.

Namjoon closes the door but doesn't turn around. "Emily, close your eyes."

"Why, whatever for?" you start to get up to see what he is holding.

"Please, Emily, stay there and close your eyes."

You sigh but do as he says. While you wait patiently, Namjoon unboxes the little cake made for two and lights the candles.

You can hear him moving, and the scent of his cologne gets stronger, and you know he is coming closer. 

"Joon, can I open my eyes?"

"Yes."

You open them and, in surprise, gasp. He is holding a birthday cake with candles lit and the words 'Happy Birthday Emily' written on it.

"Oh, Joon, you shouldn't have". He sits it on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Hey! Wait a minute, how did you know it was my birthday?"

"I know a lot about you, Emily." He smiles and mesmerizes you with his dimples. He takes your hand and pulls you to the floor to sit in front of your cake. He sits across from you.

"Happy birthday, Emily. Make a wish and blow out the candles." He is hoping that he will be your wish.

"Make a wish with me, Joon." You look into his eyes softly, pleading with him.

You both lean across the table, close your eyes, and blow out the candles. You open your eyes, getting lost in the moment. You can't look away. Something is itching your nose; you try to ignore it, thinking the smell is just the smoke from the candles being blown out.

You sniff, wrinkling your nose but not breaking eye contact, "Do you smell something burning?" 

He sniffs and suddenly starts hitting his chest. His tie has caught fire from one of the candles. It had begun smoldering before they were blown out.

You both jump up in shock. Grabbing his hand, you rush to the kitchen, help him get the tie off, and toss it in the sink, running water over it. You look back, and he is unbuttoning his shirt. Your eyes widen in surprise, 'Omg.'

He almost has it unbuttoned but has to pull the bottom part of his shirt out of his trousers to undo the last buttons. He pulls it off, "Owe owe, Emily, it hurts."

You look shyly at his chest, which has a first-degree burn. "Oh, Jooni!" You grab his shirt, toss it in the sink with the tie, and cut the water back on to soak the shirt.

"Emily, it hurts." He can't stand still, waving his hands in front of the burn.

Taking his hand, you practically drag him to your room and directly into your bathroom. The whole while, he is moaning in discomfort.

"Jooni stand still. I can put some burn cream on it to stop the pain."

Namjoon stands there, his eyes brimming with tears, but he refuses to cry. He doesn't want to appear weak in front of you.

Opening the medicine cabinet, you take out a tube of burn cream and a couple of gauze bandages.

Sitting everything on the sink counter, you wash your hands, apply some cream to two fingers, and tenderly spread the cream on the burn at the center of his chest. 'Oh my gosh, what am I doing!? I'm touching him, his bare chest. I could've let him put this on himself. I mean, after all . . .he is a grown man!'

You can't help but admire how toned his chest is. 'Stay focused, Em, stay focused.' You are unaware of how your fingers touching his chest affect him.

Namjoon is standing there stoically, letting you administer care for his burn. He watches as your delicate fingers tenderly apply the burn cream. He notices you hold your bottom lip partially between your teeth as you concentrate.

'I don't know if I can take her touching me much longer. My god, Emily, hurry up.' He felt his whole body responding to your gentle touch, and when you bit your bottom lip, it almost sent him over the edge. 

Till it finally did.