Red Strings of Fate

Several days ago, Yuna spoke with Lanne, and they made plans to get together. Little does Yuna know just how important that day will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skip back to the day of lunch with Lanne, Emily, and the guys.

 Yuna is out with her parents for lunch to discuss her upcoming marriage to the son of her dad's business partner. She is nervous as they wait for them to show up.

 She glances around the restaurant and notices several couples with the Red String of Fate connecting them. This makes her smile and somewhat eases her nervousness.

Yuna is unique because she can see the Red String of Fate. She has never told anyone about this for fear of being bullied or, in her parent's case, belittled.

With startled eyes, she sees Emily and Lanne across the restaurant; she looks at Emily and the dimpled man beside her. As their hands come into view, she sees it. The Red String! It's attached to their little fingers. She's even more shocked because Lanne has a red string, too! It is tied to the man on her left, who's trying to get her attention from the blonde man sitting on her right. Yuna giggles when the blonde turns his head where she can see his profile, 'She belongs to your friend, not you Jimin.'

Yuna knows Jimin from their days at Busan High School of Arts. They both studied contemporary dance and were top students in the Modern Dance Department. She sighed with regret at all that she lost when her parents told her about the arranged marriage they had planned for her. It broke Yuna's heart that they let her go so far in dance, never intending for her to go any further than to be a wife after graduation. When offers from entertainment companies started pouring in, that was when her parents let her know their plans for her life.

She recalls the day her parents destroyed her future for theirs.

"Mom, why? Why did you let me go to the School of Arts and follow my dream of dance when you were never going to let me finish chasing it?" Tears roll down your face as you look at your mom and then turn to look at your dad.

"Dad?" he sits silent, stoic. As he goes to speak, your mom breaks in.

"We let you have your dream, but it can't be your reality. We--" She is interrupted by your dad roughly clearing his throat, and she glares at him before continuing.

"I," she pauses for emphasis, "knew dance would take you nowhere. It is not a secure or financially stable job. I let you have your dream for a while because I knew your future was already planned, and we--" she is interrupted by your dad again as he loudly clears his throat.

She is frustrated with your dad and huffs, "You are to marry for the sake of your family, and that is all there is to it!"

Yuna was pulled from her past by familiar people walking toward their table. It's her contracted husband with his parents. She looked at his parents' hands; nothing. Then she looked at his; no red string connected him to her. 'He's destined for someone else.'

 She looks at her parents' hands. She had never seen a red string, for theirs was a marriage of convenience, just like the one they planned for her.

As she watched them approach, J Hope passed their table on the way to the restroom. She gasped when she saw the red string on J Hope's little finger connect to hers!

Her gasp causes her parents to look at her. They look where she is and see her intended with his family coming nearer. They smile, thinking Yuna is happy to see him.

After Lanne left, Jimin looked around the restaurant and noticed Yuna. He was about to say hello when he saw her gasp as J Hope passed their table. His eyes shifted to J Hope, and he noticed the slightest pause in his step before continuing.