Ask Her

Suddenly, Namjoon's face breaks out with the most handsome, dimpled smile, and a light of happiness shines in his eyes

You smile, knowing why. "So, ask her. I know she will say yes."

"So I should ask her out, then?" he bashfully asks.

Giggling, you say, "Yes, that is what I just said; ask her out."

With speed, as if wings were on his feet, he rushes back inside the restaurant. You remain behind and lean back in the chair, staring at the pattern the sun is making, peeking through the large leaves. 'I'm not in the mood to deal with Jimin, though he is a cutie. I want to go home.'

You text Em, letting her know you're going home.

Lala - Em, I'm not feeling well, so I am going home. I will see you tomorrow

dEMples - Do you need me? I have some tummy meds in my bag

Lala - no thanks. Please make my excuses to the others, and by the way, you will be off for the next two days. =D

dEMples -  I will, and why two days off? I have work to do.

Lala - Don't worry about it *wink* I will cover it. 

On your way out of the restaurant, you try to avoid any of them seeing you, but someone does. He hurries and catches up with you at the door.

"I'm sorry, Jimin, but I'm going home."

"Wait, I want to give you something."

Sighing, you wait while he takes something out of his pocket. He hands it to you, smiling.

"It's his number. Call him." He quickly turns around and walks away.

"Jimin . . ." He is already out of sight. Looking down at the paper, Yoongi's phone number is visible.

Leaving the restaurant, you drop the crumpled paper into the waste bin. Waiting outside for the Uber to pick you up, you remember to let Em know she can drive your car home. She knows where you hide the spare key.

You informed the guys that Lanne was not feeling well and went home, and you wanted to let them know that Lanne was thankful they invited her to lunch

They understand, and all give wishes for her to feel better.

"I will let her know. Thank you." 

You are very worried about La. She never lets anyone drive her car, so she must really be feeling awful. Your face is one of worry as you're about to sit. You notice Namjoon's bright, beautiful smile; his eyes are shining with vitality, and the frown of worry lifts from your face as you gaze at him.

Jungkook ponders, 'Yoongi Hyung and Miss Joy both left, hmmm.' He glances at you, wondering if he should ask, but decides not to. Your eyes are for Namjoon only.

When you are seated, Namjoon asks, "Emily, do you have any plans for the weekend?"

Pleasantly suspicious, you reply, "Um, no. I actually have the next two days off. Why do you ask?"

 It now dawns on you why La said to take two days off. 'SHE KNEW!' Your heartbeat ramps up, and a little smidgeon of thrill starts to build. 'Is he going to ask me out!?'

"Emily, would you like to go to the beach tomorrow?" Jungkook chimes in before you can answer.

"Oh, that will be great, we will have so much fun!"

Disgruntled Namjoon looks at him, "What do you mean, we?"

Startled at his hyungs demeanor, Jungkook shies away, "Oh, um. I just thought we were going to the beach."

Namjoon sighs and apologizes, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come across . . . I mean, yeah, we are." Those sad doe eyes get him every time. 

Much to Namjoon's dismay, Jungkook eagerly  announces around the table, "We are going to the beach tomorrow!" 

Namjoon slides his eyes slowly shut and pinches the bridge of his nose as if he has a headache coming on. 'I only wanted Emily to go with me, then Jungkook wiggled his way in on the trip with his doe eyes, and now, they'll want to go too. UGH!'

The others catch Jungkook's excitement and start discussing plans for the beach trip. Ki is looking around at them all, smiling at the joy he sees on their faces. They needed this little break before their time to prepare for the concert was all consuming. 'Maybe I can talk Lanne and Yoongi into going.' he grins mischievously, knowing his sister would approve of the match.

Namjoon drops his head and sighs. It was inevitable; he should have asked you when the others weren't around. He sighs again.

"What is it, Jooni? Are you okay?" you ask with concern. "Are you not feeling well, too?"

He sheepishly looks at you, "I, I wanted to know if you would like to go to the beach with me. Just me . . . and you." He gestures around the table as the chatter is about swimming, fishing, and building sand castles, "but now, I don't blame you if you say no."

"Oh, Jooni, I would love to go to the beach with you! We could look for little crabs." In your joy of spending the day with him, you rest a hand on his and witness his dimple cuteness as he smiles.

"I would truly like that, Emily. The others would rather play in the water or build sandcastles. I'm usually searching for little crabs alone." 

His heart fills with joy, knowing he will have you search with him.

You can't wait to get home to tell La. But then again, you glance at Namjoon. Yes, you can. You stay until lunch is done, and they are ready to leave, then suddenly, you remember you rode here with Ki.