NOTABLE RESPONSE

Before World War II, the Chief Rabbi of Lublin, Meir Shapiro, was also one of the leaders of Polish Jewry and a member of the Sechem, the Polish parliament, and his devotion to the Torah earned him the respect of Jews and Gentiles alike.
During his first week in parliament, he was approached by a well-known anti-Semitic MP named Lutoslavsky, who was always introducing bills to limit civil and economic rights for minorities, and said to him:
-Rabbi, I have a new job for Jews to earn a living, and that is skinning dead dogs.
-Impossible, the Rabbi immediately replied. Your representatives would not allow it.
-What representatives? The Jews?
-No, Rabbi Meir smiled.-The dogs.
Frustrated, the scoundrel tried again:
-Well, dear Rabbi - he continued sarcastically - did you know that at the entrance to the city of Schlesien there is a sign that says: ”Jews and dogs prohibited from entering?”
Shrugging his shoulders, the Rabbi replied:
-I don't think we'll ever be able to visit that city together.

NOTABLE REPUESSTA.

Antes de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, el Rabino jefe de Lublin, Meir Shapiro, era también uno de los líderes del judaísmo polaco y miembro del Sejem, el parlamento polaco y su devoción por la Torá le ganó el respeto de judíos y gentiles.
Durante la primera semana en la que concurrió al parlamento, se le acercó un conocido diputado antisemita, de nombre Lutoslavsky, que siempre presentaba proyectos para limitar los derechos civiles y económicos a las minorías y le dijo:
-Rabino, tengo un nuevo trabajo para que los judíos puedan ganarse la vida y es pelar perros muertos.
-Imposible -contestó de inmediato el Rabino- sus representantes no lo permitirían.
-¿Qué representantes?¿los judíos?
-No -sonrió Rabí Meir- los de los perros.
Frustrado, el sinvergüenza probó de nuevo:
-Bueno, querido Rabino -continuó sarcásticamente- ¿usted sabe que a la entrada de la ciudad de Schlesien hay un cartel que dice: ”Prohibida la entrada a judíos y perros?
Encogiéndose de hombros el Rabino respondió:
-Creo que nunca podremos visitar juntos esa ciudad.