16.

Me, Elena and Alaric were walking through the tunnels of the old Lockwood cellar, again. Elena was just annoying the whole time, "So the Lockwoods have no idea these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked looking all around her.

"Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."

"Wait, what?"

"Elena..." a faint whisper that came from behind Elena scared her. She turned around to see who it was and she literally jumped when Damon just magically appeared behind her.

Elena pushed him taking deep breaths, "God Damon." I just couldn't help but chuckle.

"Scaredy-cat," I was having way too much fun with Elena being scared.

"Just ignore him. That's what I do," Alaric said.

"So you really can't get in?"

"Do you really think he would call you if he could?" I asked Elena earning glare from her.

"It seems even the ancient Lockwood were anti-vampire," Damon said and walked past her to the border line that he couldn't cross.

"What do you mean ancient?"

"See for yourself," I walked into the cave and stopped others going. I wanted to try something first.

"Wait," I concentrated on my powers and I lit fire all around the cave so we could see better.

"What is all this?"

"I don't know Elena. Drawings?" I joked. Everyone glared at me for no reason. "It's a story. A really old story," I walked over to one of the images and pointed at it, "This here, is a moon cycle. A man. A wolf," I pointed to each one.

"A werewolf," Elena is smart.

"Yeah. It's the Lockwood diaries," Damon joked from outside the cave. "Pictionary-style."

"I don't understand," and I take it back. "I thought the Lockwoods came here with the original founders in the 1860s."

"Or maybe it's because it's not Lockwoods this story is about," I added. "Maybe it's someone else, if only you would listen to me," I glared at Damon because he didn't believe my theory the most.

"Anyway, it gets better. Show her," Damon ordered. I pointed at where letters were written.

"Names," Alaric added for me. "And they aren't native. They're written in runic. A Viking script."

"Vikings?"

"Yes Elena. Vikings," I smiled at her. "The first one, when translated, is Niklaus."

"Klaus."

"Bingo," I praised her. "And Elijah. And Rebekah."

"These are the names of the Original family?"

"Carved into a cave that's been here long before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter," Alaric explained to Elena.

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus' fakes."

"Why do you think so low of him? Why would he carve names into a cave that's been here for how many centuries? And he wouldn't carve the last name," I said for some reason defending Klaus.

"What's the name?"

"Mikeal," I said at the same time as Alaric did.

"Mikeal. Mikeal, as in the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?"

"Yes," I looked annoyingly at Elena.

"I now like to call him Papa Original," cute nickname Damon.

*****