36. Jujutsu Kaisen

Vote for more chapters

---

Naruto returned home and trained physically for over an hour, attempting to deplete his energy, but to no avail. He was no longer the child who grew tired after just a few dozen push-ups.

Naruto considered adding weights to his workout routine.

However, if he strictly adhered to Rock Lee's regimen, he risked injury or worse.

He decided to increase the weights gradually and thought he could approach Kimimaro for guidance.

After all, Kimimaro worked hard every day with his Team 4 friends, so he would probably understand.

At dinner, the family of four sat around the table, and as usual, Kakashi arrived on time.

Naruto kept staring at Kakashi's ninja pouch, making the Jonin visibly uncomfortable.

Even with all the courage in the world, Kakashi wouldn't dare take out any of his strange books in Naruto's house.

Yet, he often touched his ninja pouch, like someone desperate to check their phone after an hour.

Feeling the presence of his "food" seemed to calm his nerves.

Kushina talked about her day in class. She mentioned how Kiba and Akamaru rushed recklessly during a test and ended up getting knocked to the ground by her.

She also shared how Shino's insects grossed her out so much that she accidentally punched him in the face, breaking his sunglasses.

Kushina also noted that little Hinata, despite being skilled in taijutsu, lacked decisiveness and would need more training.

Naruto was concerned whether Akamaru was hurt and asked curiously if Shino's eyes were tiny dots since he had never seen Shino without his sunglasses.

Then, he worried whether Hinata would turn out rebellious like in the alternate version of her (the alternate universe where Menma and Naruto Uzumaki fought).

Minato asked Kakashi about Naruto's performance that day. Kakashi praised Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke.

Naruto, however, took the opportunity to complain, saying that Kakashi used his Sharingan to defeat all three of them and that, in the end, Kakashi had slammed both him and Sasuke to the ground so hard that Sasuke was nearly in tears from the pain.

'Feel the pain, Kakashi,' Naruto thought with a sadistic smile.

Kakashi felt a chill down his spine under Kushina's sharp gaze.

Meanwhile, bro-con Sasuke, who was showing off his Sharingan at home, sneezed, rubbed his nose, and went back to enjoying his brother's praises.

There was frequent laughter at the dinner table, and Kimimaro, who had been quietly smiling, seemed to eat a bit more lightly.

He truly cherished his current family—his father, mother, younger brother, and Kakashi, who felt like an older brother.

After dinner, Minato and Kushina once again reminded Kimimaro not to overexert himself in training, and everyone dispersed.

****

Later that evening, Naruto went to his usual meeting with Kurama.

"Big fox, wasn't it cool when I launched ten Water Dragon Jutsu today?"

"Hah, those little splashes? The Third Hokage could do better while sneezing."

"Is it that bad? I thought it was enough to give Shukaku a run for his money."