59. Flying Thunder God Jutsu

---

Shino continued with his thoughts, "Because..."

"Forget it, don't talk about it, it's a long story," Kiba interrupted impatiently.

"Hinata, what about you?" Kiba asked.

"I want to participate," Hinata responded firmly.

She remembered Naruto's overwhelming shadow clones, his stunning Water Style jutsu, and his powerful summoning jutsu.

Hinata felt that if she didn't work harder, she would only fall further behind Naruto-kun. Besides, both Kiba and Shino were good people, and she didn't want to hold her teammates back.

Sasuke and Sakura had already decided to participate, so they didn't say much. After expressing their intentions, they returned to training.

Around noon, an unnamed shadow clone suddenly succeeded in performing the Flying Thunder God Jutsu.

The unnamed clone was ecstatic, "I did it!"

But then he was surrounded and beaten by numerous clones, led by Clone No. 001 and Naruko, who shouted while hitting him:

"Ugh, it's him again!"

"He was the first to master the Rasengan!"

"He was the first to summon Gamakichi!"

"Get him!"

"Kill him!"

The unnamed shadow clone was beaten into oblivion. As for why he was beaten after mastering the Flying Thunder God?

Well, you'd have to ask the Second Hokage, Tobirama-sensei, for that answer.

In short, after the unnamed clone dispersed, the other shadow clones received his memories and began trying the technique.

For a moment, yellow hair fluttered all around the training ground, golden light flickering.

Occasionally, multiple shadow clones would choose the same teleportation point, and unable to adjust their posture in time, they bumped into each other awkwardly, leading to some embarrassing collisions before they suicided out of shame.

The other shadow clones also ended themselves after receiving the memory. The reason was simple—if they died, the embarrassment would be left to the original Naruto.

Meanwhile, the real Naruto, who is training with Hinata, is too happy to concentrate after receiving the memory of learning the Flying Thunder God. This distraction led to him being smacked hard in the abdomen by Hinata.

"Ahh..." Naruto bent over in pain, taking a deep breath.

"Oh no, Naruto-Kun! Are you okay?" Hinata hurriedly supported him.

Naruto waved his hand, "It's fine, just a little pain in my liver."

But after absorbing all the clones' memories, Naruto's liver hurt even more.

Seeing Naruto's face getting paler, Hinata quickly fetched Sakura.

Sakura's hand glowed green as she examined Naruto. She sighed, "Good thing I got here quickly..."

Hinata was nervous. "Is it because I was too rough? It's all my fault... I—"

"Relax," Sakura interrupted Hinata's incoherent self-blame. "I meant it's a good thing I got here before he healed on his own. There's nothing wrong with his internal organs, just a minor bruise."

"Huh?" Hinata tilted her head, confused.

"Seriously, Hinata, you got all worked up over a tiny hit." Sakura leaned in closer and whispered mischievously, "So, how far have you two progressed? Have you hugged? Kissed?"

"N-No, no, no... nothing like that!" Hinata stammered, blushing furiously.

"I'm fine now," Naruto reassured Hinata, trying to comfort her. "I just made a little progress with my ninjutsu and got distracted. I'm okay."

Hinata nodded, finally relieved.

As Sakura walked away with her medical kit, she couldn't help but feel a bit sad, wondering when Sasuke would ever come around.

Naruto reached out and patted Hinata's head. "I've got some questions to ask my dad. I'll be back soon."

"Okay," Hinata replied obediently.

...

After saying goodbye, Naruto ran to the Hokage's office.

"Dad, my shadow clone just successfully used the Flying Thunder God Jutsu."

"Oh? You already mastered it?" Minato said, finishing a document and setting it aside as he smiled at Naruto.

"No, it was my shadow clone who learned it."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Minato asked, puzzled. If the shadow clone learned it, doesn't that mean the original Naruto also learned it?

"But I still have a problem. If I don't solve it, I won't dare to use the Flying Thunder God."

"What's the problem?"

"Well, what would happen if the Flying Thunder God Technique failed?"

"If it fails, you'll just stay in place and waste some chakra at most. Is that the issue?"

"No, no, I mean, if it partially fails, could I end up... split?"

"Split?"

"Yeah, like if my head teleports but my body stays behind, or something like that."

Minato was stunned. After a moment, he explained, "That's not going to happen. When you use the Flying Thunder God Technique, it takes everything in direct contact with your body or things connected to your chakra."

"This isn't something the caster controls. For example, if a shuriken is stuck in you, it'll teleport with you when the jutsu is performed. The human body is a single entity, so it can't be split."

"Oh, so you're saying there's no way my clothes would stay behind while I teleport, right?" Naruto asked, feeling relieved.

Minato chuckled, "Of course not, why do you have so many strange ideas?"

"It's just stuff I've picked up," Naruto replied, shrugging. After reading so much fanfiction in his previous life, all kinds of strange ideas had formed.

Some authors even tried to explain the Flying Thunder God as a four-dimensional space-time jutsu. And the worst part? They never finished their stories.

"One last question. Is it possible to change the style of the Flying Thunder God's mark once it's set?"

"Hmm... not exactly. The essence of the Flying Thunder God mark is a chakra-based seal, arranged in a specific pattern to form a symbol or text."

"You can rearrange it to create a new mark, but any differences might complicate the Jutsu's perception. You need to practice the new mark enough to be able to use it instantly in battle. So it's better not to waste energy on creating a second one."

"Oh, I see. So it's like using different weapons in a game; it doesn't matter if you use different types as long as they're just for teleportation. But the key placement might affect how fast you can teleport."

After understanding, Naruto became excited. The marks he'd been practising with were all swirl patterns, and he felt they lacked uniqueness. Now he could design new marks just for fun.

Naruto placed one hand on the desk, letting chakra flow from his palm to create a black seal, slowly forming three large characters: "Request Monthly Pass."

Naruto admired his work and then teleported back to the training ground using the swirl mark left by his shadow clone.

In the office, Minato was left scratching his head. "What's a 'Monthly Pass'?"

****

Read advanced chapters ahead on P@treon.

p@treon/Iamxeno

Vote if you like the chapter.

Thank you for reading.