65. Chunin Exams - 2

Vote if you enjoy the chapter!

Also, check out my new Fanfiction

---

Naruto knows the purpose of the exam is to test their intelligence-gathering skills, but he realizes he doesn't have any Jutsu that could help him cheat.

Could he use the Flying Thunder God Jutsu to teleport to Sakura's side, swap their test papers, and then teleport back?

The proctor isn't blind, and that would get him kicked out right away.

Maybe he could contact Kurama, the fox spirit inside him. It'd be like phoning a friend on a quiz show. But asking the Nine-Tails for help? Forget it.

It's better to wait for the 10th question and just turn in a blank sheet. Who knows, maybe he can pass with a blank.

For some reason, not writing anything feels like the most "Naruto" thing to do.

Naruto isn't worried, but someone else is.

After Sakura finishes answering the questions, she notices Naruto resting his chin on his hand, staring off into space. His pen has rolled to the edge of the table and is about to fall off.

Sakura is baffled. Why has Naruto, the strongest student since graduation, suddenly become the weakest link?

Inner Sakura: 'Are you kidding me!? Sasuke is almost done, and you're just sitting there! Move it, idiot!'

As time passes, some people get caught cheating by the proctor and are thrown out along with their teammates.

The boldest move is by Kankuro's puppet, which has disguised itself as a proctor and even catches a few cheaters without being exposed.

Ino, who is sitting behind Sakura, sees that she has stopped writing and assumes she's done.

Even though she usually teases Sakura, Ino has to admit she admires her skills.

So Ino focuses on Sakura and tries to copy her answers using the Mind Transfer Jutsu.

But as soon as she enters Sakura's mind, Inner Sakura punches her right out: "You were just trying to steal Sasuke from me, and now you want to copy my answers? Get lost!"

'What!?' Ino's head spins. How could her jutsu fail like that?

Failed once & failed again.

Left with no other option, she has to switch targets, still confused.

Forty-five minutes have passed. The students have copied almost everything they need. Now it's time for the final question.

"First, you need to decide if you want to answer the 10th question. If you choose not to answer, you'll get zero points, and your teammates will also be disqualified.

If you choose to answer but get it wrong, you'll never be eligible to take the Chunin Exams again."

Ibiki Morino's words create intense pressure on the candidates.

Some give up, afraid of losing their chance to become Chunin forever.

Naruto, though, thinks it would be fun if he could stay a Genin forever.

Then he'd drag Sasuke around, fighting battles in other countries using a giant robot like a Gundam.

If anyone came to investigate, Minato could just step in and say, '"Don't worry. It's just these two Genin from our village having a little sparring match."'