|SEVEN~ Straight Smugglin'|

"You could of warned us a little sooner" JJ told Kie and Pope.

"We would of, except, Pope was on the math team" Kie sighs.

"You were on the math team?" JJ questions the dark skinned boy, who nodded, probably expecting some kind of joke to be made but before anyone else could say anything Lia spoke up.

"That's cool Pope" she smiled brightly at him, genuinely pleased for him, Pope was glad to have her as a friend, they all were.

"They took everything like it was a crime scene" John b stressed.

"Did you guys find anything ?" Pope questioned

"Did we find anything" JJ repeated sarcastically before pulling the gun and wad of cash from him back pockets "No I don't think so" he started "Oh yeah we did!"

"What the hell ?" Kie asked

"Dude what?" Pope said standing up and walking closer to JJ.

"You took the gun" Lia said in disbelief "He took the fucking gun" she repeated, this time whispering to herself.

"Dude, come. Come on"

"Why would you take that from a crime scene?" Pope questions

"It's better then the cops having it"

"Your serious!?" Lia asks incredulously, giving John b a kick when he was smiling at JJ.

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship" Pope worried

JJ walked closer to him, grabbing him round the neck and pressing the gun to Pope's mouth "Hey, Hey, Hey. Sh, Sh, Sh, Sh. At least you have us right?"

Lia had to look away, out over the water that glistened in the warm sun, she couldn't believe that she had just found that hot. Yes JJ was hot anyway but JJ with a gun was a whole other story.

"I'm living the nightmare" Pope sighed.

JJ looked around his friends, a triumphant grin on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~

When the five teens had retuned to the docks they saw a large group of people gathered around, they saw Peeler and decided to sit with her.

"Who' that?" John b asked her

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm" she told them "Check out this pic I got" she said before showing them all the picture on her phone, Lia couldn't look, she turned her head the other way, JJ noticed and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, hoping to help calm her down.

Lia thought for a second before turning back to Peeler "Wait a second, what kind of boat did he have, Peeler?"

"Somehow, that dirt-bag copped brand new Grady-White" she told them "Everyone's out looking for it"

The group of friends all glanced at each other, all thinking the same thing.

A short while later they were all sitting around in the porch of the Chateau, Kie on the sofa, John b leaning against the door frame, leaving JJ andLia on the two chairs on the furthest from the door.

Pope runs in panting "Okay. So, um we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have complete amnesia " he says as he sits on the sofa with Kie.

"Actually, Pope's right for once" JJ speaks up as he gets up from his chair "See I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny"

Lia looks at her friends, her left foot brought up and her chin rested on her knee.

"Guys, we can't keep the money" Kie tells her friends

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ quips

Lia reached over and slapped his arm, "Be nice" she whispered

"We have to pass it off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise it's bad karma " Kie continues.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too" Pope expressed "We gotta go dark"

"If that means we get tot keep the money, then I agree" JJ says as he looks out the window.

"I don't" John b announce

"What? Why?" JJ questions, thinking that John b would be all for it.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's been buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole." John b starts

"He's not wrong, shit one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas" Lia says

"We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat, who's never had more then forty bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'"

Later they are all sitting on the docks, Pope and JJ fishing, John b sitting on the rail near Pope, Kie sitting further back and Lia sitting on the dock, her feet dangling in the water, her shoes discarded next to her.

"Alright, so think abut it Pope" John b says "How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

Pope inhales "Prostitution

"Square groupers bro. Okay, flying under the radar no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean, JJ?"

"They were straight Smugglin'"

"Smugglin', and I guarantee you there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck."

"Hell, yeah"

It had taken all day but Pope finally agreed later on when they were all lounging around in John b's room.

"For the record if that's a Smugglin' ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it... it probably belongs to someone else"

"Minor details" Lia shrugged, making a grin form on JJ's face as he looked over at the girl.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid."

"Right. Well stupid things have good outcomes all the time" JJ said taking the money from Popes hands. "All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then we just lay low. Just act normal."

"Right. And how exactly do we do that?" Pope asks. The friends all look between each other before Kie and Maggie locked eyes, the same thoughts running through there minds.

"Kegger?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bit of a shorter one this time but I hope you still enjoyed it!

Please feel free to comment and vote, I love to hear from you.

Love Em Xx