Move 5 - That Place

"Yamamura-san, can you tell me the answer to question 17?" Chabashira asked.

"U- Uhm!" Yamamura stood up in a panic, clutching her text book close to her as she looked down at it, frantically trying to read over the question. "T- The answer is C, Chabashira-sensei," she muttered underneath her breath. At this point most people, including the teachers, were used to Yamamura's shy and almost jittery way of acting.

"That's correct, you may sit back down," Chabashira said.

It's been two weeks since school has started. After the whole ordeal regarding the student council last Friday, things have been calm this week which was something I could definitely appreciate.

My days have mostly consisted of going to school and going straight home so far. Sometimes I go out with Sanada to Keyaki Mall, but since he decided to join the archery club last week he only has 2 school days where he doesn't actually have club and has time to spend with friends.

Clubs ended up being a much bigger part of students their daily routines than I would've anticipated. After classes end roughly half the class immediately leaves for their clubs. The time clubs take each day differs from club to club, but I've found most clubs run anywhere between 1 and 3 hours a day.

Sanada's club in particular lasts 2 hours every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He hasn't really told me much about it, other than he's been getting to know someone from class D in the short time he's been there, which is good to hear. As a friend of his, I should be happy that he's getting to know more people. I think that's how friendships usually work at least.

The bell soon rang out and as was routine by this point, the students who had club duties started packing immediately upon the ringing sound. They didn't even wait for Chabashira, our last teacher for the day, to dismiss us.

Just as the first students were about to leave for their clubs, Katsuragi stood up abruptly, making his presence noticeable within the classroom. "Everyone, before you head to your clubs, could I please have a moment of your time? I'd like to discuss a rather important matter with you all."

"Huh? Does this have to be now? You couldn't have done this during homeroom?"

"Some of us have lives outside of school, Katsuragi. Clubs are the most fun we can have during weekdays."

Katsuragi managed to gain an... interesting reputation within our class the past 2 weeks. He is seen as someone very diligent and serious. A stickler for the rules and doing things the way they are supposed to be done. Many of the more studious students appreciated him for that.

On the other hand, some people have heard of his rejection from the student council, which made him a bit of a laughing stock after he introduced himself on the first day, confidently stating he'll be joining the student council.

His reputation also wasn't helped by Totsuka following him everywhere. Aside from Totsuka, it didn't really seem like Katusragi spent time with anyone else. It made him difficult to approach for a lot of students, so whenever Katsuragi did something that made him stand out, our classmates would roll their eyes.

"Now, now. I think we can at least hear him out. I'm confident his intentions are good, it won't take long, I'm sure," Hashimoto said. While we're on the topic of class reputation, Hashimoto has easily earned a high place in this class' hierarchy. Being a good-looking, laid back guy who still managed to get good grades, he was praised by many of our classmates.

Many students reluctantly went back to their seats after Hashimoto's statement and Katsuragi nodded at him with a small smile on his face. "I would like to pose a question to this class. Have any of you noticed anything strange in our 2 weeks at this school?"