Move 6 - Late Night Karaoke

Part of me wanted to go after Sakayanagi when she left the ice cream parlor. I wanted to know exactly how much she knows about me, and more specifically, about that place. But I decided against it for two reasons. First, if I appeared desperate to know about what she knows, she might try to use that against me. Second, we'll see each other more often anyways. We're in the same class, it's inevitable we'll have another talk where I can ask her.

My plan was to go home right after Sakayanagi left, but that plan was quickly thrown to the side when both Hashimoto and Sanada started bombarding me with texts asking me where I was and if I was with Sakayanagi. I'm guessing she and I were the only ones not currently at the karaoke place in Keyaki Mall.

[Ayanokouji-kun, are you alright? You're not at karaoke, right? Are you at home?] (Sanada)

[Sakayanagi isn't here either, are you with her?] (Sanada)

[Is this what I think it is? We look away for 2 seconds and Ayanokouji goes on a date with Sakayanagi. I see how it is.] (Hashimoto)

It's around this time that I'm really regretting allowing them to make a groupchat between the 3 of us after our first day at school. Sakayanagi would occasionaly come up in conversation here and there the past 2 weeks, but I never gave a concrete answer about my connection to her since I wasn't sure about it myself until today.

[Sorry, I had some stuff to take care of. Is karaoke still going? I can come visit for a little while if you two want me to.] (Ayanokouji)

[He's alive!] (Hashimoto)

[We're still there! The majority of class B is also at karaoke. Seems like they had the same idea as us. It's the karaoke place on the 3rd floor of Keyaki Mall.] (Sanada)

Class B? Did Ichinose know we were going to karaoke or was it a coincidence? I don't really have a reason to suspect her of anything, but after this afternoon I can't help but be on guard just a little bit. Hashimoto in particular has been with Sakayanagi and Kamuro a lot the past week, it's possible karaoke was just a way to get me and Sakayanagi alone.

Being suspicious of everyone isn't helping me here. If I had to suspect anyone in our year, Ichinose Honami was not the person to suspect of ulterior motives. So far my impression of her was a kind yet strong girl who got along with many of her peers. More than that, she probably doesn't even know about the hierarchy system of our school yet.

[I'll be there in about 10 minutes then. See you both soon.] (Ayanokouji)

After sending that text message I shut my phone off and started making my way towards Keyaki Mall again. I was actually almost at the dormitory before Sanada and Hashimoto started texting me, so I wish they would've texted me just a little earlier to save me another trip. But I can't really complain about getting to move around.

As I got to the third floor of Keyaki Mall and approached the karaoke establishment, I could immediately see the high density of first years crowded around the store. It seems like right outside of the establishment was the spot to go if you wanted a break from karaoke. Both class A and B students were scattered about, some even talking to each other.

I can't say it's too surprising that class B is able to make friends with just about anyone. Even if our class was made aware of the hierarchy in our classes, that shouldn't discourage them from making friends with other classes, not until those classes start catching on at least.

As I entered the karaoke place the only students present were from class A and B. In total there were 10 relatively big rooms for students to participate in karaoke. Class A had booked 5 of those rooms, with class B booking the other half. That didn't seem to matter though, as I quickly noticed that class A and B students were in all of the booths, regardless of who booked them.