Chapter Eight: The Chaos Continues

—-

The night was still young, filled with the sounds of laughter and playful chaos as Karasuno's volleyball team settled in for the evening. Kageyama had just refilled his soda, but the buzz from the previous movie marathon still lingered, and excitement crackled in the air.

"Okay, now that we've had our sports movie, who's ready for something totally ridiculous?" Hinata exclaimed, bouncing on his heels. "Let's do a comedy! Or even better, another sports movie!" Hinata grinned, glancing around at his teammates.

"Whatever it is, as long as it isn't horror in it, I'm in," Daichi said, cracking his knuckles.

Tsukishima, leaning against the wall with arms crossed, rolled his eyes. "Oh cmon, Hinata's movie choices suck. That soccer movie was so stupid."

"Oh, come on! Where's your spirit, Stingyshima?" Hinata shot back, pouting slightly.

"Yeah, Tsukki, don't be such a buzzkill!" Yamaguchi chimed in, trying to support his friend.

Kageyama smirked at the banter. "They're right, Tsukishima. You should really lighten up," he said, nudging Tsukishima playfully.

Tsukishima raised an eyebrow, turning to Kageyama. "And why would I take advice from you? You've been known to cause more chaos than you prevent."

"Hey!" Kageyama retorted, feeling a mix of embarrassment and amusement. "I'm not that bad!"

"Um, excuse me? I remember last week when you literally bumped into the team bus because you were too busy staring at a fucking bird," Tsukishima replied, smirking.

"Okay, that was one time!" Kageyama defended, but laughter erupted around them, the light-hearted atmosphere infectious.

"Okay, enough with the roasting! Let's pick a movie!" Daichi called, trying to steer the group back on track.

They finally settled on a light-hearted sports comedy, one that was sure to elicit loud laughter. As the film started, Kageyama sank back into the couch, the warmth of friendship wrapping around him like a blanket. Hinata was practically bouncing off the walls, Tanaka was adding commentary that made everyone laugh even harder.

Halfway through the movie, Kageyama noticed the growing tension in his own stomach—not from hunger, but from an overwhelming sense of belonging. Just as the film hit a particularly ridiculous scene, Hinata accidentally flailed and knocked over Kageyama's untouched soda, sending it spilling across the floor.

"Whoops! Sorry, Kageyama!" Hinata exclaimed, wide-eyed.

"Seriously?! How the fuck do you manage to do this twice? You're like a tornado!" Kageyama exclaimed, exasperated but unable to stay mad.

Tsukishima chuckled, leaning closer. "Maybe he should switch to a less volatile drink—like milk."

"Have you seen his fridge," Noya said, "It has like every milk flavor."

"Original, Banana, Blueberry, Strawberry, and Chocolate," Tanaka said as he looked through the fridge

"Why is my fridge a topic of conversation?" Kageyama shot back, his cheeks flushing slightly. "It's just... I like milk!"

"Yeah, it's basically the only thing in there!" Tsukishima teased, eyes sparkling with mischief. "You should get a cow instead of a fridge."

"Enough about my milk supply!" Kageyama huffed, crossing his arms, but the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. Tsukishima's teasing felt more like camaraderie than mockery.

As the movie continued, the laughter escalated. Kageyama could hardly focus on the film as his teammates erupted into chaos—Hinata flailing, Yamaguchi trying to calm him down, and Tsukishima making dry comments that only fueled the fire.

When the movie finally ended, the room erupted into an impromptu discussion about their favorite moments, the loud chatter intertwining with playful jabs. Kageyama leaned back, soaking in the lively atmosphere, feeling lighter than he had in a long time.

"Okay, who's ready for round two? We can totally scare them!" Hinata declared, eyes glinting with enthusiasm.

"Count me in!" Yamaguchi replied, grinning.

"I'm not sure whether to be terrified or excited," Tsukishima remarked, shaking his head but unable to hide his smirk.

"Let's do it!" Kageyama challenged, adrenaline coursing through him. The night was still young, and he couldn't remember the last time he felt so alive.

—-