Summary

In the kingdom of Liora, a land scarred by a centuries-long war against the orcs and their seemingly immortal half-man, half-orc leader Zandro, hope has long been a scarce commodity. The origins of this brutal struggle are almost forgotten, but in the early days of the conflict, powerful dragons chose to ally themselves with the elves. They began to bond with chosen individuals, creating the first Dragon Riders and giving birth to the Dragon Riding Academy of Liora, a bastion of hope and strength in a world teetering on the edge of destruction.

Generations have passed, and the Academy endures high in the mountains of Celestara, where the air is thin and the Dragons soar. Every year, young elves that have come of age journey to this remote stronghold, hoping to be chosen by a Dragon and join the ranks of the legendary Dragon Riders. Among them is Sirena, a determined young she-elf from the small village of Elderglen, who's heart yearns not just for the honor of being a Rider but for the chance to bring peace to her war-torn homeland.

At her coming of age of a hundred and twenty years, Sirena embarks on the perilous journey to the Academy, filled with equal anxiety. The path to the mountains is treacherous, but Sirena is driven by the dream of being chosen by a Dragon. The Academy, perches on the cliffs of Celestara, is a fortress of stone and wonder where the roar of Dragon's echoes through the ancient halls and the wind carries whispers of destiny.

In a moment that changes her life, Sirena is chosen by a magnificent white ice Dragon named Frost. The bond between them is immediate and profound, a connection that feels both natural and otherworldly. With Frost by her side, Sirena feels a surge of confidence and purpose, knowing that together, they are destined for greatness. Yet, her journey is only just the beginning.

The day after the choosing, Sirena and the other newly chosen Dragon Riders are greeted and welcomed by the Imperial family and enjoy a beautiful banquet in celebration. Sirena is shocked yet delighted when meeting the Empress Arithiel, the Princess Renna, and the Crown Prince Tarron, an elf of strength and wisdom, and a deep connection to the Dragons. However, to her astonishment, Sirena discovers that Tarron is her mate, their fates entwined by a force beyond their understanding. Their bond is undeniable, a powerful connection that transcends mere chance.

However, the revelation of their bond brings with it an ancient and forgotten prophecy, one that speaks of two riders destined to defeat Zandro and bring peace to the realm. Sirena and Frost are at the heart of this prophecy, but they are not alone. Tarron, too, is bound by this destiny, and it is revealed during one of Sirena's training sessions that he possesses the ability to control fire when to Sirena surprise she traps another Rider in a cage of ice during combat training. Both developed their powers shortly after being bonded with their Dragons, Tarron having been training with his powers longer than she had. Together, Sirena and Tarron, along with their Dragons, Frost and Drago, are destined to face Zandro and end the war that has plagued their lands for centuries.

Yet as they prepare for the ultimate confrontation, Sirena and Tarron discover that their greatest enemies may not only be the orcs. Within the Academy and Imperial Court, shadows of jealousy and ambition loom large. Solana, the daughter of the kingdom's most decorated general and a new chosen Dragon Rider, was raised with the expectation and marriage agreement that she would marry Tarron and become Empress one day. However, the agreement stated that if either found their mate, the marriage arrangement would be broken. Her pride and entitlement fuel her anger and resentment toward Sirena, and she becomes determined to undermine the bond between Sirena and Tarron, convinced she alone is worthy of the Prince and the title of Empress.

If that wasn't enough, within the Imperial Court, another enemy lurks-Myrantha, the Princess's Lady-In-Waiting, who has harbored a secret, obsessive love for Tarron for years. Knowing Tarron belongs with Sirena drives Myrantha to the brink of madness, prompting her to plot Sirena's downfall through a web of lies, manipulation, and deceit to remove her rival and claim Tarron for herself.

As Sirena and Tarron grow closer, their bond is tested by the enemies that surround them, both orc and elf. The path to fulfilling their destiny is caught with danger, as they must navigate the treacherous waters of court politics, ancient enmities, and the looming threat of Zandro's army. The prophecy promises peace but also foretells a great sacrifice, and Sirena must find the strength to ride above her fears and embrace her powers, and fulfill her destiny.

In this epic tale of love, destiny, and the enduring bond between Rider and Dragon, Sirena's journey will take her from the small elven village of Elderglen to the halls of power, the battlefields of war, and the very heart of darkness itself. She and Tarron must stand together against the forces that seek to tear them apart, for only together can they hope to defeat Zandro, end the war, and bring everlasting peace to the realm and Kingdom of Liora.