Kingdom Overview

The Kingdom of Liora is a diverse and ancient realm, renowned for its unity among races and its storied history of conflict and triumph. Scarred by a centuries-long war against the orcs and their brutal leader, Zandro, Liora's cities and villages play pivotal roles in both the kingdom's defense and survival. Each location within the kingdom is vital to the strength of its people and their continued fight for peace.

KEY LOCATIONS

Lumina (Capital City): Lumina, the Capital of Liora, is a magnificent and diverse city where elves, dwarves, and men coexist in harmony. Its towering spires, elegant bridges, and bustling markets make it a cultural and political hub for the kingdom. The city's blend of architectural styles reflects its inclusive spirit, and it serves as the seat of power for the Imperial Family. Lumina's people are fiercely loyal to their rulers, and the city itself is protected by the combined forces of its military and the Dragon Riders.

Celestara Peaks: The towering Celestara Peaks are one to the famed Dragon Riders Academy, an ancient institution that trains the next generation of riders. High among the clouds, Headmistress Elara and her mate, Thalion, oversee the Academy , guiding young elves through their rigorous training. The academy stands as a symbol of hope and strength, where aspiring Riders come to seek their fates.

Dracoria: Dracoria is the highest peak in the Celestara mountain range, and is where the Dragons themselves reside. It is here that potential Riders climb to be chosen by a Dragon, forging bonds that will shape the future of Liora. The Academy is a place of both discipline and destiny, where students must prove their worth in the eyes of the Dragons and prepare for the challenges that lie ahead.

Stormwatch: A mighty dwarven fortress located on the frontlines of the war, Stormwatch, is the bulwark that holds back the orcish hoards. Carved deep into the mountains, the fortress is an unbreakable bastion where dwarven ingenuity and strength are on full display. It houses soldiers, weapons, and supplies, all essential for maintaining the kingdom's defense. Here, dwarves and elves fight side by side, ensuring that Zandro's forces do not penetrate deeper into Liora's heartland. The constant threat of attack has made Stormwatch a symbol of resilience, and its defenders are revered throughout the Kingdom.

Elderglen: A quiet and humble elven village nestled in the serene countryside, Elderglen, is home to farmers who tend the land with care and respect for nature. Despite its peaceful appearance, the people of Elderglen are no strangers to war. They teach their children the art of combat from a young age, preparing them for the possibility of being chosen as Dragon Riders. The village, though small, has produced many brave Riders who have fought for Liora's future. Elderglen's fields of golden grain and dense forests offer a contrast to chaos of war, embodying the hope and quiet strength of the Kingdom.

Riversend: A bustling port and fishing city, Riversend, is the heart of Liora's trade and commerce. Situated on the coast, it connects the kingdom to other nations and provides a steady supply of fish and goods, vital to the economy and survival of the realm. The city's docks are always alive with activity, as elven and human merchants barter and trade, ensuring the kingdom remains prosperous even during wartime. Riversend also boasts a skillful naval fleet that defends the shores from any potential orc or outsider incursions.

THE ROYAL FAMILY

Empress Dowager Arithiel: Once the fierce and wise ruler of Liora, Empress Dowager Arithiel has stepped back from most of the active rule, though final decision still falls on her for many things, to train her son, Crown Prince Torrance, in the art of governance and leadership. Having led the kingdom through many difficult years, Arithiel is a symbol of wisdom and strength, revered by all who know her. She now focuses on ensuring her son is ready to take the throne and lead Liora in the continued struggle against the orcs.

Crown Prince Tarron: The heir to the throne, Tarron, has been a Dragon Rider for over six years, bonded to a powerful Dragon. His courage, tactical brilliance, and wisdom make him a beloved figure in Liora. Trained by his mother, Tarron is preparing to take on the responsibilities of ruler while still actively leading the kingdom's military efforts. His leadership on the battlefield and his deep connection to his Dragon mark him as a figure of hope for Liora's future.

Princess Renna: The younger sister of Tarron, Princess Renna, has recently joined the Dragon Riders Academy, following in her brother's footsteps. Thought only a year into her training, Rena shows great promise and determination. Her bond with her Dragon, though still developing, signifies her readiness to fight for her kingdom. Renna is headstrong and brave, and she strained to prove herself as a worthy Rider and protector of Liora.

THE ENEMY

Zandro: Zandro, the bloodthirsty half-man, half-orc leader of the orcs, is a malevolent force bent on conquering Liora and the rest of the world. His origins are shrouded in mystery, but his ruthless desire for power is clear. Zandro has led the orcs in their war against Liora for centuries using dark forces and brute strength to lay waste to all who oppose him. His seemingly immortal nature makes him a fearsome enemy, and his unyielding ambition threatens the very survival of the kingdom. Zandro's forces are relentless, and his war of conquest has left a trail of devastation across Liora.

CONCLUSION

The Kingdom of Liora stands as a beacon of hope and strength, with its rich cultural diversity, powerful Dragon Riders, and brave citizens. Yet, the war with Zandro and the orcs loom large, threatening to destroy all that they hold dear. From the towering wall of Stormwatch to the serene village of Elderglen, every part of the kingdom is united in the fight for survival. As the Imperial Family prepares for the next chapter in Liora's history, the fate of the kingdom rests on the shoulders of its Riders, its Rulers, and its People.