16| 𝗙𝗨𝗡

{Y'all know how to play UNO right? :)}

Sanaya walked into the house with Vihaan and Divya trailing behind her. The front door opened into a living room that was simple, yet had a certain charm-a typical bachelor's pad with minimal decoration, a few sports posters on the wall, and a lingering smell of coffee and cologne.

The space was cozy, inviting in its casual messiness, with plush couches, a low wooden coffee table, and a large TV in the corner. There were a few books scattered across the table, a couple of video game controllers lying haphazardly around, and a jacket thrown over a chair, giving the place a lived-in, boyish vibe.

As soon as they entered, Siddharth's eyes were drawn to Sanaya like a magnet. She was wearing something so simple-just a blue checks shirt tucked out in blue pants-but there was something profoundly beautiful about her, as always.

Her simplicity somehow made her elegance stand out even more. The soft fabric of her shirt fell gracefully over her frame, and her hair, left down, framed her face delicately. She wasn't trying to be the center of attention, but she was, effortlessly.

Siddharth, who usually maintained a calm demeanor, found himself unable to look away. His gaze followed her every move, studying how her eyes scanned the room with quiet curiosity. There was a softness in her expression that made his chest tighten.

Vihaan, who had walked in beside her, didn't miss the way Siddharth was staring. His jaw clenched, and for a split second, he felt the familiar surge of protectiveness. He knew Siddharth liked her, but seeing him look at Sanaya like that stirred something in him.

The urge to punch Siddharth and remind him that Sanaya wasn't someone to be toyed with crossed his mind, but he held back, choosing instead to keep an eye on the situation.

Sanaya, unaware of the undercurrent between the two, turned to glance around the room. When her gaze fell on Siddharth, her heart skipped a beat.

He looked different today-something about the way the evening light played on his sharp features made him seem even more handsome than she remembered.

His light brown eyes seemed deeper, his usual aloofness now tinged with an intensity that made her breath catch in her throat.

For a second, they locked eyes, and the air between them seemed to thicken. There was something unspoken, a quiet exchange of feelings neither of them were ready to admit to themselves, let alone each other.

Meanwhile, across the room, Ayaan had noticed Divya the moment she walked in. She was dressed in a casual blue top clinging toh her frame and beige cargos, her hair tied back in a loose bun and few strands flying over her face.

But it wasn't just her appearance that caught his attention-it was the way she looked at him, like she had been waiting for this moment. Their eyes met, and for a long moment, neither of them said anything. Ayaan felt a strange pull, as if he was caught in a spell.