Unconscious

Grave is laying there on the ground, one of the doors is swung open revealing more dead villagers. He looks like he’d been hit with something, as if he’d been attacked. He moves a little as Burrito kneels by him.

“Grave are you ok?” Burrito asks.

Grave’s eyes blink open looking black in the dark, his chestplate is slowly repairing where it got cracked.

“Ow” he mutters.

“Do you remember where you are?” Burrito asks, “did you hit your head?”

“I'm in... this base, there were villagers, then something hit me...” Grave manages.

“Ok, relax” Burrito pulls out some healing potions splashing them on him as he tries to sit up immediately.

“Burrito is that you?” Grave asks looking over at him “is everyone ok?”

“Yes, it's me” Burrito says “and um... I don't know if everyone is ok, we have some here that are.”

“Guys we have to focus on the map,” DNAx says finally as Burrito helps Grave up, “the escape puzzle.”

“What escape puzzle?” Grave asks.

Burrito lays the map down on the floor. Grave leans over it to look at the Xs and the little message. Steve and Greg also lean over to look at it.

“Hmmm” Steve doesn't say anything but his eyebrows raise.

“Bebal Behemoth?” Grave asks, “did he do this?” he asks, looking back towards the room with the dead villagers hanging from the ceiling.

“Ok, ok...” he seems to be trying to think of how he can take charge of the situation. “So we should probably find the others first, Skymint and Napalm and the new girl Venus.”

“Then?” Steve asks.

“Then we figure out how to confront the player who lives here” Grave gestures at the villagers, “because this... this is pure insanity right here.”

“Hey look!” Greg says, he walks over to the red box with the lever “this is like a clue for the puzzle I bet.”

“Don't-” Grave warns but he flicks the lever.

It makes a hissing noise, everyone holds their breath. Nothing happens.

Burrito looks back at the map.

“He’s correct the X is marked right where that lever is, well, the next one is over here” Burrito says, gesturing to a spot on the map

“Maybe we should keep moving.” He points into the living room where empty hallways come off leading somewhere else. “In case whoever lives here has plans to kill us too, if they are even home right now.”

Grave looks at him almost in surprise as he takes the lead so quickly. They briefly share a look, Colder remembers that they were at odds for the whole walk not talking to each other.

“Yeah,” Grave says finally, “you wanna lead since you have the map?”

“Sure,” Burrito gestures DNAx to get behind him and he starts to walk back into the living room.

Steve gestures Greg to walk with him over to Colder and Foxjin.

“Hey” he says.

“Hello?” Colder replies hesitantly, Steve always seems to go to him for another serious perspective on every situation. It's nice Steve trusts him but also weird considering they aren't that good of friends really, Colder only saved him once in the past...

“What is going on?” Steve asks, “how do we know a player did this? Also how do we just trust the map and who would want to capture us other than the Villager King, it doesn't make sense...”

“There isn't really a way to know” Colder replies, “we just have to try what we can and wait and see what happens.”

“Yeah I suppose” Steve falls silent, “this isn't good for us though, we have already been traveling for 2 days. Now we are lost in this maze and we have no idea what time it is.”

Colder nods a bit. Everything has been messed up now, the trip is no longer just a long walk.