A Way To Be Safe

Scute feels like he's floating, he had exploded and protected Leelo, he has done it! For some reason his usual loud thoughts are very quiet in this white space. He keeps waiting to respawn but it doesn't happen.

How WEIRD.

Suddenly as he floats there in the unknown, he hears a great voice from behind him.

“SCUTE.” 

He turns and sees another creeper before him, his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather Charlie!

“CHARLIE” he yells, “THATS ME I AM SCUTE!”

“MY GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT GRANDSON” Charlie replies, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

“GOOD QUESTION” Scute thinks for a moment, “SOO I WAS IN AN ULTIMATE BATTLE AND I SAVED MY CRUSH, her name is Leelo, FROM HER EVIL BROTHER AND SO I BLEW UP AND THEN HE WAS LIKE OW AND I SAVED THE DAY AND THEN SO SINCE I BLEW UP NOW I AM HERE!”

“GOOD JOB Scute! I am VERY proud!” Charlie congratulates him. 

“YAY” Scute spins around, “ALL I WANT TO DO IS BE JUST LIKE YOU MY GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER CHARLIE!”

“YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME!” Charlie says.

I am just like him!

Charlie starts to fade as Scute’s thoughts blur,

“CHARL-EEEH” he tries to say as everything fades away to darkness.

He floats down to the ground, grass coming into view as he lands.

“YAY I RESpawNED” he spins around.

He feels like he's forgotten something but he doesn't think he can remember what.

He makes his way back to the clearing to find Leelo.

-----

“We should probably get somewhere safer than this” Grave says to everyone as they all round up to chat about what to do now.

Foxjin is standing there listening with Colder, he seems blank right now, that's what usually happens after a battle, neither one of them tends to talk for a while. She knows it is hurting him to have lost his sword. The broken halves of it are still laying on the ground, and the enchantments are shimmering weakly.

“Yes, good plan” Herobrine replies, “I know how to get to the mansion from here, so we can get you guys back to the Resistance. But it will be a lot of walking and we should rest now.”

“I'll fly up and see” Chris raises his hand volunteering; he springs off the ground, wings spreading as he disappears into the trees.

“Pink, Band, Skelly it's safe now" Herobrine calls into the trees. The two zombies step out of the trees.

Colder immediately looks towards the trees, looking for Nico there.

“Hey where is Nico?” he asks Pink as she nears.

“Dead” Pink says.

“She kidding” Band steps in front hastily as Colder’s eyes widen.

“No I not” Pink gives Band a look.

Skelly steps out of the trees as well, he waves to Colder who sighs in relief. Skelly walks over to him and Foxjin to stand by them.

“You guys alright?” he asks looking serious as he takes in their dirt smudged clothes and faces. He seems like he’s acting much more grown up compared to when Foxjin had first met him in that ravine. Everything feels so long ago now...

“Yeah, it's just my sword... it's broken...” Colder replies gesturing to the pieces on the ground.

Skelly puts his hands to his mouth as he sees it laying there,

“Oh no...” he says. He definitely knows how much that sword means to Colder.

The three stand there silently, all quiet. Suddenly there's a rustle in the bushes and Scute walks back into the clearing unscathed, he must have respawned finally.

“Scute!” Leelo exclaims in shock and hurries over to him.

“LEELO!” he yells back, “I SAVED YOU!”

The two mobs embrace happily, which is mostly from Leelo since Scute doesn't really have arms.

Suddenly Leelo sits down on the grass looking like she’s in pain, she puts a hand to her heart. Herobrine turns and notices her immediately like it's from some sixth sense, he walks over to where she is and kneels down by her his cape surrounding him.

“Leelo” he murmurs and reaches out a hand, “you are different...”

She nods a little, “yes... I can't teleport”

Herobrine closes his eyes for a moment and slowly rests a hand on her slender arm.