War

After about 2 long hours of travel, they come out of the oak trees, the village right there in front of them and the ravine is in the distance.

Finally home...

"I Love Potatoes" Foxjin murmurs immediately and in that moment Colder remembers that the village protection never got finished, I Love Potatoes could have been killed by zombies while they were gone.

"I'm sure he's ok" Colder says as the two make their way over. They hadn't talked much on the walk home, Foxjin had been really silent as usual.

I Love Potatoes is at his crops working away happily, Foxjin sighs in relief.

"Oh!" the villager notices them both, "Foxjin and friend of Foxjin, you are back."

"How has the village been?" Foxjin asks him.

"Good! All the villagers are still ok" I Love Potatoes says cheerfully.

"We really need to make that fence" Colder comments.

Foxjin nods,

"Yeah, we should get working on it whenever we have the time."

Time is short, they aren't sure how much more there is before the brines are back for more. Lots of things are uncertain but Foxjin doesn't tell I Love Potatoes about any of the new fears, better to let the villager be happy and at peace.

The two players start making their way to the ravine eventually, there is a lot to talk about.

They sit on the stone floor of Foxjin's house area, Colder sighs and leans his sword up against the wall he usually sets it on, he starts to take off his armor.

"I think it's time I outgrew this again" he says.

She tilts her head,

"Outgrew?"

"I changed armor after I left the Resistance... but I ended up missing the past and switching back. But now is a different time" he provides then takes his armor to the stands where Foxjin's iron set always is in case she needs to use it.

Foxjin hooks her bow in its spot on the wall next to the wall his sword is leaned against then relaxes on the floor, she looks in the chest then starts to cook more potatoes in the furnace, the room is cast with a warm glow as the sky starts to darken outside.

The two sit across from each other, both leaning against the separate walls.

"That was... insane" Colder says finally, "we were worried about the villagers but now that seems so small compared to the brines."

"Their plan... they want to overthrow Herobrine and the creators and take over our world... because they failed to do so in theirs" Foxjin murmurs.

"Yes..." Colder thinks for a long moment, "which is fair enough, everyone wants power in this world."

"We can't sweet talk them out of it, they aren't exactly misunderstood like Herobrine is" Foxjin says, and he nods in agreement.

"We have to fight them but we need Herobrine to even have a chance of winning" he shifts his legs a little, getting more comfortable. "They are smart, there is definitely a plan in place that we don't know, most of all they want to install fear."

"The one thing we can do is not overthink this" she comes to the decision, "we need to go about our lives as normal and not play into their little game."

"I'm more worried about those at the Resistance, and the brines attacking them" Colder says, "the camp could be a huge target."

"That's why we have the chests and torches at everyone's bases now" Foxjin remembers and digs a place in the wall where she places the chest and the red torch. "Except the only flaw is how long it takes to get to the Resistance camp, we might be too late and by the time we get there the fight is over."