Had

...

Logan is at school Monday.

During first hour he smiles that stupid smile at me and asks how my weekend was.

I ignore him.

I hate him.

I hate him with every part of me.

When I'm at my locker he stops while walking by and says hi.

I slam my locker and walk off.

At lunch the group is talking but I'm not. Logan is next to me. Out of all the people in our group he has to be next to me.

Logan keeps glancing at me. He looks concerned. Eventually he turns to face me and asks if somethings wrong.

I stand up and throw away my lunch, then walk to the bathroom and lean against the wall. Getting out my phone I check my notifications to keep myself busy. 

While scrolling on my phone I see Logan peek in the bathroom, then walk in.

I try to ignore him but he walks in front of me. He peers at my phone before waiting for me to look up at him, but eventually gets tired of it.

"Is something wrong?"

I ignore him. Irritation crosses his face for a second before it's wiped away.

He hovers his hand over mine, barely touching it. "...Did I do something to upset you? If I did I-"

I pull my hand away and shove my phone into my pocket. "I hate you."

Logan grabs me before I walk away. He doesn't say anything at first but looks at me with a hurt expression. Eventually he speaks. 

"What did I do..?" His voice is shaky, and if I had heard it like that just a few weeks ago I would be holding him and comforting him right now.

I shake out of his grip. "Just leave me-"

He steps in front of me. "No, because you aren't explaining anything to me. You aren't telling me why you're upset with me."

"I dont need to explain ANYTHING to you."

"Then I cant understand what I did or what im doing."

"What you can do is leave me alone."

"Tyler-"

I snap and grab his wrist.

"LISTEN. I DONT  WANT TO TALK TO YOU. I NEVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN. SO STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS AND STAY OUT OF MY LIFE."

Hes frozen in shock. His eyes are teary. Realizing what I did I let go of his wrist.

"I didn't mean-" I started, reaching my hand back out.

He quickly walks past me and out of the bathroom. I lay my head in my hands and text Mom asking if she can check me out.

She texts me that she'll pick me up on her lunch break and asks whats going on. I just reply saying thanks.

...

"What happened?" My mom asks as I climb in the car. "You don't usually bail out of school like this."

"I don't feel well," I lie.

"Do you need to go to the doctor?"

"No, I just need to lay down."

She nods.

"So does that mean no radio?" She asks.

I turn on the radio to make her happy, and it does. She smiles and pats my hand quickly before putting it back on the wheel.

She loves listening to the radio. So does Taylor. In fact, Taylor and her are practically best friends.

Sometimes I do things to make Mom happy, but we aren't best friends.

Me and dad were.

Now dad is gone.

And I had a friend.

And now he's gone too.

And its my fault.

_____

Logan
2:37 PM

You: Im so sorry

You: I didn't mean to hurt you

You: I just keep fucking this up and I'm
so sorry

_____

When school gets out and Taylor gets home too I still don't get a reply.

What I do get is Taylor asking if I'm okay before slapping me across the face.

Then I get a call from Ashlyn where she screams at me for a good half hour.

Afterwards I grab Taylors arm and beg her not to tell mom what happened at school. She looks at me with a sour expression but nods.

I keep texting Logan.

He keeps not replying.

I've lost the person who actually cared.

And its my fault.