Chapter 20: Titan Isles Part 2

You reached the Edge in a matter of minutes and saw the boats departing from the docks on their long journey, you flew back to the dome and saw your fellow Squadron leaders getting ready to fly.

You said to Storm "Come on let's meet up with the others and see if they're ready". She quickly descended and landed next to them, you dismounted and said "Hey guys how's everything going?" Heather was the first to reply saying "Oh hey Axel, all is well here, just giving Windshear a quick pep talk, she gets jumpy before these big missions". Spitelout said "Aye lad, everything is up and ready. Our squadrons have already taken off and we're to catch up with them. And I don't know about you two but Kingstail and I hunger for blood! Well make our Jorgensen ancestors proud!"

You replied "Alright I'll take off and catch up with my squadron, see you guys in the battle". You mounted Storm and were about to leave when Spitelout said "Axel and Heather, a word if you will, in private?" You and Heather looked at him and he continued "Snotlout thinks I'm not proud of him, that I think he could be better, and because of that he's joined us to go headfirst into the danger, I'm not one to stop my children from whatever fate has in store for them but keep an eye on him for me aye? He's already made me proud and I don't want to lose him". Heather nodded and said "Don't worry Spitelout, your son is heavy headed but he can handle himself, not to mention he has Hookfang with him. They're an unstoppable force together". You also said "And even if something happens we'll be there, you can count on it". Spitelout grinned and said "Aye lads, now let's go give those dragon hunters the fight of their lives! Spitelout! Spitelout! Oye oye oye!!" And with that he flew off.

You said "Never one to not use his war cry eh?" Heather laughed and said "The Jorgensens truly are something, now come on or else we'll be late, and I for one don't want to be left behind". You said "Alright, race you to the others?" Heather replied "Get ready to lose!" And few off. You said to Storm "Come on girl let's show them who's the faster Razerwhip." And with that you flew off after them as well.

It took you the entire day to reach the isles, and as the moon was halfway to midnight, a fog rolled in making your task much more easier. Hiccup and his team had already left a few hours earlier after wishing everyone luck. You, Heather and Spitelout had already separated earlier to cover the Isles more effectively. Titan Isles were basically 3 massive islands surrounded by many smaller ones, so Heather took the left, you took the middle one and Spitelout took the right one, so now you, Snotlout and the 3 people from the Defenders of the Wing island were slowly flying towards the tasked island. The names of the people from defenders of the wing island were Freyja, who rode an Edge nadder and 2 twins Erik and Harald who both rode Monstrous Nightmares. Snotlout came up to you and asked "So how are we going to do this?" You said "Let's do a fly over of the isle and scout out the watch towers and other surveillance equipment. Than we'll split up accordingly". The 3 Defenders agreed and Snotlout said "Alright but I'm sticking with you, us Berkians gotta stay together". You replied with "Technically I'm not a Berkian but I see your point, alright let's go".

They quickly did a stealthy fly by over the centre isle and found 5 watchtowers and atleast 12 hunters on Singletails divided in groups of 4 each on separate sides of the isle. After doing a fly over Snotlout said "I'd say that's a lot but considering the size of this island, something's off". You said "Maybe, I'm not so sure, Erik, Harald and Freyja you 3 take the watchtowers, Snotlout and I have some experience fighting the Singletails so we'll them on one group at a time, any questions?" Snotlout asked "Yeah, just one teeny tiny minor inconvenience, did you by chance forget that SINGETAILS ARE BASICALLY IMMUNE TO FIRE ATTACKS?" You sighed and said "Yes Snotlout but you signed up for it, so now you have to handle it, come on we can do this! Just like we defended the Edge from the Hunters multiple times". That seemed to calm Snotlout who said "Yeah, yeah you're right! We can do this! Right Hookfang!" Hookfang growled in agreement and Snotlout continued "Alright let's go". You looked at the 3 Defenders and said "Everything good?". Freyja said "Indeed, we'll begin as soon as you give the order". You said "Alright everyone lets do this!"