CHAPTER 4. HAPPY REUNION

ONE MONTH LATER

The Singhania's bungalow bloomed with decorative colorful lights, the scent of lavender sprinkled in every corner, creating an exhilarating environment. The entire bungalow cheered for fun, entertainment, and elation, as the souls present screamed for jubilation, cheeriness, and delight.

In the garden, embellished with screeching happiness for the upcoming wedding, harmonizing with traditional Indian customs, Anira sat on a sofa on a temporary stage made specifically for the bride.

Wearing a sensationally stitched yellow lehenga that perfectly complemented her skin tone, Anira looked marvelous. Floral jewels added charming fuel to her look, while small patches of haldi on her face, hands, and exposed body parts gave her a perfect bride look. However, her smile was the main beauty that enhanced her appearance - a rare, radiant smile.

Kashvi stood before her, sporting a broad mischievous grin, her hands behind her back as if hiding something. Everyone had applied the haldi paste on Anira, except her best friend.

"Kya chupa rahi hai tu?" Anira asked excitedly.

(What are you hiding?)

Kashvi's smile broadened. "You look heavenly gorgeous today, Ani."

Anira looked at Kashvi doubtfully.

"Batana yaar, kya chupa rahi hai tu!!" This time her tone carried excitement and a hint of request.

(Tell me what you're hiding)

Kashvi complimented, "This floral jewelry seems made only for you."

"Thank you," Anira replied, uninterested, her rolling eyes expressing her mood.

"Aab toh bata de yaar!!" She again asked Kashvi to reveal what she was hiding.

(At least now tell me)

"Wowww, how can someone look so adorable when they're at their rage?" Kashvi commented mischievously, managing to hide her smile.

"Kashvi yaar," Anira complained childishly, while Kashvi giggled at her actions.

"Are you sure you want to know about it?" Kashvi asked, her voice still carrying mischief.

"Yes, yes!! Please!" Excitement again covered Anira.

With 100% devilment, Kashvi showed her hands to Anira, covered in haldi paste, almost making the excess paste drop.

Anira looked at her blankly until Kashvi's intentions hit her. However, she was too late; Kashvi successfully applied the haldi paste to Anira's face.

"Nooooo!" Anira complained, squeezing her eyes in realization, while Kashvi laughed heartfully.

"You liked the surprise, right?" Kashvi teased.

Anira gritted her teeth at Kashvi's comment. Understanding the situation, Kashvi started running away from Anira, who followed at the same pace.

"Kashvi ki bacchi!!" Anira shouted from behind. "I know you're excited after planning your future with Devansh, but where did my kids come in?"

Kashvi replied, running at the same pace, "Kashvi ke bhatije ya bhatiji bol na" (You should say Kashvi's nephew or niece).

The unexpected sentence brought an unforeseen pause to their running. Anira stood inches from Kashvi, who tried suppressing her laughter. Sensing tension, Kashvi slowly backed away.

Anira, deep in thought, suddenly realized what Kashvi had said and jerked her head up. "Kashvi!!!! Tu aaj pitegi mujhse!!"

(Kashvi, you'll get a good beating from me today).