Ch. Five - The Next Morning

The next morning, Sakura waited patiently inside her room for the familiar click of Sasukes door opening. She felt a bit pathetic waiting around for him after he had treated her so coldly, but he was the entire reason she was here and she never expected any of this to be easy. Plus, there was no way she could go out and face Sasori and the others by herself.

After what seemed like forever, there was a soft knock at her door that made Sakura jump. Turning eagerly, she laid her hand on her doorknob and froze. She didn't hear the click of Sasuke coming out of his room, so who was knocking at her door? Shaking fear aside, she confidently opened the door ready to face whomever was on the other side to surprisingly see Itachi standing there.

"I-Itac-" She mumbled a bit nervously but was quickly cut off by his monotone interruption.

"You weren't at breakfast. Neither was Sasori."

That's when realization hit and a smirk formed on Sakuras face. "So you were worried about me is what you're trying to say." She said teasingly, watching to see if there was any small changes in his emotion.

"My concern lies only for the Akatsuki in general, not one particular member." And with that he turned and started to depart back towards the breakfast area.

Sakura smiled to herself and rolled her eyes. Before be begun to speak there was a flash of nervousness in his eyes for only a mere half second before he composed himself again. He was worried for her and she knew it.

Hurrying out after him, she shut her door and basically skipped along side him, smiling happily and rambling on about how hungry she was, content with the fact she had another person here who she knew automatically that she could trust. The Uchiha boys sure were different than anyone else she had met. If they decided they liked you, they would protect you and care for you whole heatedly in secret, never trying to show their true emotions.

When they arrived at breakfast, Itachi waited while Sakura grabbed a piece of peanut butter toast and an apple before leading her to a table in the far back where three other men sat talking and laughing. A sudden wave of tension passed over her when she realized she would be meeting these three. Sakura had always hated the Akatsuki but seeing as though she was now one of them, she might as well get along with them. Smiling shyly as they approached and all eyes were brought to the approaching two, Sakura gave a weak wave and a quiet "hello" before sitting down beside Itachi.

A man with slick back purplish grey hair sitting straight across the table leaned forward to rest his head on his hands and smiled coolly. "Hey Itachi, we wondered where you snuck off to. Who's the babe?" He finished with a wink.

"This is Sakura Haruno, the newest member of our organization." Itachi replied, turning slightly to speak directly to Sakura. "Hidan may be a dumb ass, but he's nothing to worry about. The man to the right of me is my partner Kisame, and to the left of you is Kakuzu, probably the only sane one here besides myself."

They all nodded and gave their greetings, Kisame and Hidan striking up an argument over who would win in a fight based just off of solely Taijustu as soon as the introduction was over. On the other hand, Itachi and Kakuzu spoke more mannerly about their different missions coming up soon. Sakura felt a heavy weight lifted off her shoulders. These men may be Akatsuki members but they were like any normal person you could meet out on the streets or even back in Konoha.

Relaxing herself, she started to nibble on her toast, happily and quietly listening to the others conversation before she glanced around and realized Sasuka wasn't in the area. Did he slip in and out in the short time she had arrived here, or had he not shown up at all? She then remembered how Sasori hadn't come to breakfast either and wondered what the two were up to. Maybe Sasori was too embarrassed to show his face this soon, and Sasuke was getting in some early training. It sounded good in her head but for some reason didn't feel right in her heart. Sakura knew something wasn't right.

- - - - -

Sorry this one is kinda short and pointless filler, but.. I'll make up for it in the upcoming chapters, okay?cx

I do not own Naruto or any of their characters!