a.n.

hii! i don't know if anyone will be reading this story lol. i wrote this a while back and i never planned to post it but i honestly just wanted to see it uploaded in wattpad format. i always imagined the story having songs and pictures with each chapter, and just having everything in a google doc wasn't doing it justice!

so i decided to upload it and i've been editing a little as i go, but i'm not that fussed because it's really just for fun!

i haven't written a fic before, but i never see that many new hope club ones, so i ended up writing this. some parts are really cringe, especially in the beginning, but i promise it gets better.

also, even though i'm uploading in 2024, i started it ages ago so i do picture the boys looking like circa 2017-2019, but you can picture them however you want because 2024 nhc is beautiful ofc and it doesn't really matter what they look like! for the sake of the story, the characters are 17-18 years old, and it's set in 2017.

it's an a.u., so nhc aren't famous in this story--but they are still a band. the characters all go to the same school--pretty sure they'd be in sixth form? i am american but the story is set in the uk and all the characters are english, so i'm using my ~extensive~ knowledge of the uk school-system/culture/language to convey that the best i can lol.

anyways, if you ARE reading this, i hope you enjoy it--at the very least i had fun writing it, and i'm glad to have it on wattpad now!

also, content warning: this story includes slight domestic violence, mentions of alcohol and drug use, some strong language, and some sexual content, so don't read if any of these things are triggering or uncomfortable for you