six

I skipped up the stairs and knocked on the door with Blake standing behind me. I was buzzing slightly, eager to get inside and out of the cold. After a few moments, the door swung open and I was face to face with Reece.

I was a bit taken aback since I'd just seen him in the hallway with Aydan and wondered how he was home already. I connected the dots that Aydan probably drove him. His eyes flicked from mine to Blake and back. It looked like he had to compose himself for a second before he smiled.

"Hey, guys!" Reece greeted, stepping aside and motioning us into the house. I entered the living room first as Reece pulled Blake in for a 'bro-hug.' I smiled to myself, assuming that Reece had decided to be normal this afternoon.

Shay and George were sitting on the couch--a safe distance apart since Reece was around. George gave me a wave and Shay's face shot into excitement when she saw me.

"Ren! Thank god you're here." Shay spoke enthusiastically. "We were discussing halloween plans." She motioned me over to her.

"You were discussing." Reece groaned as he and Blake made their way to the sitting area.

I plopped on the couch in between the couple with a cheeky grin on my face. Shay rolled her eyes playfully. I shifted on the couch, stretching my legs across Shay's lap and leaning slightly against George's shoulder. Shay put her hands on my knees and smiled.

Blake took the armchair across from me and shot me a grin, and Reece plopped himself on the floor in front of the adjacent loveseat--even though no one else was sitting there.

"Okay, so what were you thinking for halloween." I asked Shay. I saw Reece smirking to himself out of the corner of my eye.

"So. Massive party at Ryan's Halloween night, which is Saturday." Shay started and tapped her hands against my legs excitedly. "I vote, group costume." I raised my eyebrows.

"What, like all five of us?" Blake asked.

"Obviously." Shay countered. I was intrigued by this idea since we'd never really been an established group before.

"What would we be?" Blake followed up. I noticed George and Reece grimacing slightly and assumed Shay had already proposed something to them.

"Scooby Gang." Shay answered completely seriously with a big smile.

"HA!" I let out. "That's class." I looked over at Blake who seemed slightly horrified by the idea.

"It gets worse, mate." George told Blake.

"Who would be who?" I asked, entertaining the silly idea.

"Well, based on looks, you'd be Daphne since you're a redhead." Shay mocked.

"I am NOT a redhead." I defended. My hair was a chestnut brown colour with slightly reddish tones.

"Close enough." Shay dismissed putting a hand up to silence me. The boys laughed as I crossed my arms. "I'll be Velma, I'll wear a wig!" Shay flipped her long dirty blonde hair excitedly. "Reece would be Fred, George is Shaggy, and Blake..."

"NO." Blake cut her off. Reece and George burst out laughing and I clasped my hand over my mouth to suppress my giggles.

"Blake is Scooby-Doo"

"No. No, absolutely not." Blake shook his head frantically as we all chuckled.

"Ruh Roh..." I said, causing George and Reece to laugh even harder. Reece was kicking his feet against the floor.

"Actually, Shay. On second thought, I think it's a great idea." Reece giggled and Blake gave him a death glare.

"I will not be dressing as a dog for the biggest party of the year, thank you." Blake groaned.