Twenty Eight

Epilogue

Pulling out another weed, it felt like it had been years since she’d been up here to the Campbell family cemetery to see her dad. He was lucky he was lying here in this family's plot. Everlyn was just to his side, with room left for Charlie between them. Quinn brushed the moss off his headstone.
“I really need to get up here more often to tidy you up, don’t I, Dad.”
“They all look like they’re well looked after.” She stood up as Oliver stopped beside her again. He’d been taking a look at the rest of the Campbell heritage laying here.
“Do you know where Grandpa Mitchell is buried?”
“Over in Grand Rapids. That’s where your grandmother came from.” She looked over her brother, he had toned up over the last year. Their father’s features chiselled out his jawline.
“We can head those ways and have a visit one time you're here if you want. Take this one on a road trip.” Oliver heard his nephew’s little laugh as his sister chucked him up in the air, giving him a smile. “We can leave mum behind, aye, and take uncle for a ride to see his grand Pape.”
“She wouldn’t let you take him without her.” He teased.
“Shush,” She bounced their son, wrapping his blanket tight around him. “She would so.” The seasonal change was on them, the cooler weather was on its way. She pulled his beanie down tucking it in the blanket.
“Your mummy has no say, aye, my boy. Anyways, she’s all booked up doing this promotional champaign for Sandy LeVine. Plus, she’s taken on the work with Andrea Collins. So, this mummy is the boss.” Rolling his eyes, Oliver checked the time on his phone.
“Well, I hope she knows what she’s getting into marrying you.” He brushed off his wedding jacket, knowing they needed to be heading back up to the house. His sister looked over her shoulder at him.
“Of course she does!” They headed back out the gate. “She’s known me her whole life. She, of all people, knows what she’s getting into.” He looked at the time again.
“Including you being late for your own wedding?”
“Alright,” She bundled her son against her as they walked the path back.

Maddie heard the Marriage celebrate, tapping her iPad against her hand.
“Sorry.” She said again. “She is here somewhere.” Her chest rose and fell as she looked out at the few guests, they had sitting casually chatting amongst themselves. It was really just a small gathering, family mainly. Chloe and Oliver had come down for the weekend. Chloe's current boyfriend was in attendance. Uncle Buck, Will, Melanie, Sandy and Tyshan were travelling through, so they stopped in. The Campbell family were in attendance, Charlie and William sitting in the front. Beth, Tony and Tyler rounded off their guests.
She had waited until she was past her first trimester before letting Tyler know she was pregnant. He and Tony had been socialising since their drinks and were casually dating. He had been present at the birth but quickly decided he was happy to just be a donor.
“Here they come!” Annie spotted them coming towards the barn. Maddie had a sign of relief, noticing everyone else turn to see Quinn and Oliver come through the barn doors, joining their gathering. 
“Sorry, everyone,” Quinn said, handing their son over to his Aunty Chloe as Oliver walked past, joining Maddie and Annie in front of the marriage celebrant.  The barn had been decorated with shades of autumn. Simple, elegant, Maddie’s feminine touch. Quinn looked up at her future wife standing their waiting for her. They had kept it simple.
Maddie’s feminine white pants suit made her the most beautiful woman in the room.
“Wow.” Quinn smiled, taking her in as she stepped closer. “You’re,” She took her hands, stopping before her. “You’re gorgeous.”
“So are you.”
“Um, hm.”  Their celebrant Paulane growled as they got a little too close.
“Oops.” Quinn stepped back. “Sorry.” She tucked her hands in her black dress pants, her white dress shirt unbuttoned down enough for Maddie to see she was wearing her Labry necklace. Her hair was down, styled over her shoulders. Maddie smiled up at her; she was beautiful.
“Are we ready?”
Quinn smiled back at her, receiving a little nod.
“Yes.” She answered.