Twenty Three

Maddie squeezed her eyes tight, the headache spanning across her brow. Beth’s usually quieter tone, louder than ever.
“There has been some interest from Canada, too. She’s really starting to make a name for herself.” Maddie sunk more into her couch, breathing out the nausea she had.
“She’s got another event this weekend and the Canadian worlds next week. I haven’t heard from her, so she must be enjoying herself. Ouch!”
“Oh, are you okay?” She heard Beth ask on the other end of the line.
“Yip.” Maddie pursed her lips, her hand smoothing the tender nipple she had just grazed. This was terrible; she hated this. Was this what being pregnant was about? “I’ll organise with Tony to do a run of merchandise for you. But let me know if you need anything else.”
“I will.” Maddie hung up, dropping her head back against the couch. She blew out a breath, trying to ride through this roller coaster her body was going through. She was only just on the 6-week mark. She still had 32 to go! Squinting through her headache she flicked through her phone to Quinn’s post from the event in Squamish. “Oh heck, Q, they got you beat!” She chuckled to herself, flicking into her phone contacts. Quick to bring hers up, she hesitated a moment. Quinn was probably training and didn’t need the distraction. She sent her a text message instead.
-Good luck for the weekend. We miss you. -

“You’re all set.” Waa looked up at Quinn, looking back at her. She tugged on her rope, giving it some slack. She had just checked her buckles, getting a hint of Quinn’s perfume she wore today. Quinn’s eyes travelled over her soft features before her. Waa had talked her into going rock climbing with her. Extra strength training her great grandfather recommended.
“So, you ready?” Waa smiled back at her.
“Sure.” Quinn nodded, her dimple sitting in her cheek. “After you.”
“Haa.” Waa stepped beside her, pushing her towards the rock surface. “I will follow you and guide you if you need it.”
“Oh, fine.” Quinn rolled her eyes. She reached up reading the grips, finding her way up. Waa chewed her lip, watching her climb. The definition in her leg muscles was on show as she got higher.
“Looking good.” Quinn stopped a moment, looking back down at her.
“Are you coming or what?” Waa chuckled, stepping closer to the surface, slipping her fingers into a grip and pulling herself up.
“I’m right behind you.”

~~~

It had been a long week of physical activity, but Quinn felt much stronger and prepared for the event up in Campbell River. Waa and her great-grandfather had travelled with her as support. Mikom had hoped his daughter and family would be there in time for the event, but their flight had been delayed. Seeing the same faces from Squamish, Quinn already knew what she was up against. It had been long and challenging, but she managed to get into third position. She was ecstatic! Until the four-hour drive back to Squamish caused her body to seize up badly. Waa had helped her to the bathroom. Quinn demanded she was okay to remove her clothing, only to begin to cry at the pain she was in.
Waa waited for her next to the massage table, dimming and scenting the room with candles. Quinn walked out wrapped only in her towel. Waa lowered her head, reaching her hand out.
“I will take this pain away, please.” She indicated to the table. Quinn quietly got up, lying down, dropping her face through the hole. She was in pain; no words were needed. She saw those perfect toes come into view and Waa’s presence over her. She closed her eyes; she was in her hands.
It had taken longer, but Waa had worked her magic along her length. Turning over, Quinn saw a look in her eyes as Waa looked back at her, leaning over her feet and rubbing her hands up her shins. She had worked up a sweat and stripped down to her sports bra. Her athletic caramel physic glowed in the candlelight. They had spent almost every waking hour the last week in each other’s company. There was no denying that they were interested in each other. Quinn pursed her lip, watching Waa move beside her, trailing her hand up her shin. Quinn sat up, holding her open towel against her naked chest. Her naked back and thighs had already been caressed by the hand moving over her knee. Waa looked up at her, watching her. She bit her lip as her hand squeezed the flesh of Quinn’s thigh. Quinn moaned, her legs jumping open a little. She blew a breath out her nose feeling the butterflies in her gut, noticing the slight lip curl on her masseuse. She wet her lip, watching her leaning closer and her hands trail up over Quinn’s skin. Quinn spoke.
“Curious?”
Waa looked up at her, biting her lip and squeezing her inner thigh again. Quinn opened her thighs, tempting her hand to move under her towel. Waa instantly moved closer, her confidence taking over as she slipped her hand under her towel, leaning into her waiting mouth; Quinn gasped, feeling her fingertips tease her wetness. She leaned into her, flicking her tongue against her mouth, Waa’s fingers flicking her clit in response. This was going to be wet. Intense and wet.