Part 17: Breakfast

When Vivian woke up Siobhan was gone, her first thought was that she might have run. Then she smelt pancakes and although Jamie was a gifted kid he did not know how to make pancakes by himself yet. She put on a shirt and went down stairs and there she was, like some kind of dream, Siobhan stood in the kitchen making pancakes. Vivian smiles to herself and walks up behind her, putting her arms around her waist. Siobhan doesn't flinch, for a second Vivian fears that she might but she doesn't she just puts her free hand on Vivian's arm and flips another pancake.

"Jamie is going to love you for this" Vivian smiles looking over Siobhan's shoulder at the small mountain of pancakes Siobhan made.

"He better, who do you think talked me into cooking?" Siobhan smiles, Vivian can not see it but she can hear it. "I was just innocently going to the bathroom and he caught me and made a long case for why YOU would like pancakes this morning"

"Oh, he is putting it on me?" Vivian laughs.

"You are lucky to have a kid like that, someone who makes sure you get pancakes"

"Thank you" They both know that Vivian is thanking Siobhan for much more than the pancakes.

They sat down for breakfast and once again Jamie took over the conversation. He was smart and so funny for a child and Siobhan realized that she would make him pancakes anytime he asked her, how could she ever deny him anything. As he left the table he stopped beside Siobhan and smiled at her.

"Thank you, I think mom really liked the pancakes" He is grinning the way you do when you find yourself incredibly funny and it makes Siobhan melt a little.

"You think so?" They talk about Vivian as if she is not in the room, like they have their own little world and Vivian thinks it is the most precious thing she has ever witnessed.

"Yeah, you made her really happy" He leaves to get ready for school and Siobhan finally looks at Vivian.

"So... Did I?"

"You did" The room goes quiet. They have obviously not had any time to discuss what this is or if there is a plan for what comes next. They both dread the situation for the same reason, they shouldn't. To an outsider this is clear, the women were falling in love.

"What do I do now?" Siobhan breaks the silence with some more practical and less emotional questions. It seems easier.

"I think you have to officially cut ties. I would never tell you to do anything, but I think that you have to find a new job"

"Viv..." There was shame on Siobhan's face. "I... I don't have any money. At all" Vivian walked around the table and knelt down by Siobhan.

"I kind of guessed that already. When you are in a controlling relationship like that money is usually a huge part of keeping the other person around"

"I feel useless"

"You don't have to, you are doing everything you can right now, there is no road map for this. There is one other thing... You have to tell Roger you are leaving, or that you have left. He might call the police if he thinks you're missing"

"No" There was terror in Siobhan's eyes.

"Baby, you don't have to go back there but there has to be some kind of ending... I don't know... Write him a letter?" It was ridiculous but it was also what Siobhan decided to do, it was not a physical letter but an email. It left a paper trail and no one could question what she had said or when. Roger had done that to her a lot, he would convince her that she forgot to tell him important things and he would chastise her for it.

They were still at the table.

"I have to go" Vivian said.

"What?" Siobhan looked scared.

"I'm dropping Jamie at the nursery and I'm picking up some groceries. You can come with if you want"

"Oh... No, I think I want to stay here for a while" She wouldn't admit it but she was scared to go outside.

"Ok, baby" There was silence again and the nickname hung over them both. "Do you think that we should talk about last night?"

"Can I kiss you?" Siobhan's question was sudden and not at all what Vivian expected.

"Eh, yeah. Sure" Siobhan put her hand on the back of Vivian's neck and pulled her in. It was supposed to be sweet but it felt hot and charged. Vivian was still on her knees and her hands found Siobhan's thighs, she loved her thighs. They both got lost in the kiss for a moment, then they heard Jamie coming down the stairs. They pulled apart and Vivian got up off the floor.

"We can talk about whatever you want... I just wanted you to know how I felt about last night" Siobhan's smile is shy and it warms Vivian's heart.

"Good to know" Vivian bit her lip and walked towards the door. "See you soon. Lo-" She was about to say the L word but she stopped herself. She wondered if Siobhan registered it. She did.

A/N: So I think I am coming to an end soon, it feels like Siobhan is getting to where I want her to go. Also I have a freaking cold again so I feel like absolute shit so if this is not my best writing, lie to me! 

/N