Chapter 2

Hey this is Nate and I forgot to say this at the end of the last chapter. So I think the first chapter turned out really well and I would like some feedback so comment and vote pleeeease!!!! And tell all of your fellow Percy Jackson fans about this book because some more views would be nice. And if I see that enough people like this book, then I'm gonna put up a random question about one of the ten Percy Jackson books (Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson and the Olympians.)Whoever answers the question right first gets to know a major part of this book that may or may not be coming up soon. Ok, enjoy this next chapter!

Percy's POV

Did the giants get taller? That was the ADHD part of my brain talking. How can I protect Annabeth right now? That was the more sane part of my brain talking. I could barely  look at all of them without crumbling to the ground. Especially the one who seemed to be the leader in the front. Then I glanced at his belt again and realized who it was. One of three first beings to ever exist, Destruction. He specialized in destroying everything, hence the name. There's no point in fighting against someone like Destruction. There was only two beings that could rival his power, Chaos and Order. They're the ones that locked him up. Obviously, he broke out. I had no way of contacting Chaos or Order. So I did the one thing that could keep me and Annabeth alive for at least a little while. I picked up Annabeth and ran.

Destruction bellowed an evil, terrifying laugh. "Wise choice, puny demigod. I am afraid, however, that running into the ocean will only prolong your inevitable death at my hands." I didn't let his words defeat me. Running away may have seemed cowardly, but there was another life I held over my own and I had to make sure that she didn't suffer. I summoned a wave to whisk us away into the ocean. I also made sure to put an air bubble around Annabeth's body so she could breathe and so the pressure of the water wouldn't crush her. I was traveling at lightning speed, just trying to get as far away from the shore as possible. Then a voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Percy, how long do you think we can run like this?" It was Annabeth who had lifted her face out of my chest. Her voice trembled with worry that broke my heart.

"I will always protect you, I promise. You will be okay and I will make sure of that no matter what the cost." She seemed to be a little better after that but I thought something was still bothering her.

After a couple more minutes Annabeth voiced what troubled her. "I don't really care if I can live through this if it means your death. I need you in my life, and I can't live in any other way." By now she was sobbing. I held her tight as I propelled us out of the water. I figured that we were far enough by now so I summoned another wave to place us on the shore of...... I didn't even know where we were. As we walked away from the ocean I noticed that there was a huge crater about a hundred yards away in the sand. Annabeth and I ran up to it and realized just how big it was. I felt like I could run through the crater for forever. I could barely see the other side of it. I told Annabeth to wait up here while I went down to the middle. I thought I saw some words magically engraved in the ground. I had a feeling about who did this, but I really hoped I was wrong. As I reached the center of the crater a chill went down my spine as a feeling a dread overcame me. On the ground was a message for me. My voice shook as I read aloud:

"No matter how far you run, your death will always be waiting right next to you.

-Destruction." Fear threatened to consume me as a thought crossed my mind. Destruction always knows where I am, and he can kill me at any time. How  am I supposed to protect Annabeth against something like this?  That's what truly scared me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok that was kinda short but I hoped you liked it anyway! I already told you pretty much everything I needed to say before the chapter so let me just  remind you to VOTE, COMMENT, AND TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. THANKS AND BYE!