Chapter 33

"You guys are the four demigods from Earth, right? Well then you can see him. He won't be able to respond or open his eyes, but he may hear you. Right this way." Jason and the others were led into Otrega's room where they found him in what seemed to be a coma. The doctor closed the door behind them as they gathered around his bed, not sure what to do.

Nico's voice shook as he spoke. "How is he not dead?" Everyone looked at the equipment when he said this, and saw what Nico sensed. There was no energy inside of him at all. His soul was inside of his body, but the body and soul weren't merged, like any other person. It was as if his soul was moving around, looking for a place to settle. There wasn't enough power inside of him to link his body and soul, so he should've went to the underworld. Hence the reason for Nico's question, which everyone now understood.

"He won't die. He can't. He's our key to getting Annabeth and Percy back." As soon as Piper said this, everyone knew she was right. They just had a feeling that somehow, he was going to bring those two people back home.

Jason walked up to him and touched his shoulder. "Thank you, Otrega. We'll be here for you, so wake up soon," he turned back to his friends, "Lets go guys, we have matches soon." After, giving a few words of support to Otrega, the group walked out and were walking down the hall, when they ran into two guys in black hoods. There was no other patient in the direction they were going in besides Otrega, so Jason, who was in front of the other demigods, knew something was up.

"We're the only ones allowed to see him. Turn around or I'll call Chaos immediately." Jason showed them the Symbol of Chaos tattooed on his forearm. The two creatures knew that with it, he could have Chaos here in a mere second. They hissed and recoiled into the darkness.

"We will soon avenge the Dark One." With these words left in the air, they disappeared. Jason ran to where the doctor should've been to stop anyone from seeing Otrega to see his incapacitated body on the ground.

Pressing the tattoo on his arm, he called Chaos's name. Appearing immediately, he knelt down and instantly healed the doctor who sat up.

"Who was trying to get to Otrega, doctor?" Chaos inquired, already knowing what happened. It took the doctor a second to become aware of his surroundings and to process the words of the being who'd just healed him.

"I... I don't know. It was too sudden. All I was able to see was... darkness; an evil darkness."

Nico stepped forward from behind Chaos. "It was Brock's followers. I assume Otrega killed him?" Turning his head towards Nico, Chaos nodded.

"That makes sense then. They wanted revenge. The two of them called Brock the Dark One. He's very well known as a powerful entity of darkness. I wish I had a chance to go up against him." Nico sighed in disappointment.

"You would've died." Chaos said this so seriously that Nico couldn't respond, so the former being continued. "Brock is the reason why you could see bandages wrapped around Otrega's entire body." They all understood after being told that, so Nico took back what he said.

The doctor broke the silence that had settled following those words. "Chaos, some serious security is going to need to be set up here."

Thalia spoke up. "We'll be here."

Jason looked back at her. "...what?"

"We'll be here all day everyday. Otrega's room will be our room, too. We'll eat in here, sleep in here, and spend our free time in here. When we have matches, then the other three will stay here and watch from a screen. Chaos can enchant the room to accommodate our needs." Thalia looked at Chaos, waiting for an answer.