HONARK'S STORY

"Yes Eshin? You do not approve of my suggestion?" asked Honark in his deep resonant voice.

"Master...I am at loss of words. You...want to share the knowledge of Gem of Arcadia with a human girl?"

"Not just about Gem of Arcadia but the whole story," said Honark calmly.

"She is...but...why...I mean...but....how can we trust her when we have burned our hands in past?" said Eshin imploringly.

"It is true and sad that the world...the humans are not yet prepared for our knowledge but Anikaa is not an ordinary girl- she has proven her worth, time and again."

When? thought Eshin as he stared incredulously.

"And if you haven't noticed yet, she can keep a secret."

"But how?" asked Bolin.

"Because even after knowing that she has the power to upturn the whole of Himkhasa, she didn't raise a single finger at you."

Eshin and Bolin both looked blankly at Anikaa and then at Honark. Their minds didn't want to agree with Honark but their eyes couldn't hide the explicit truth.

"But Master, what if after knowing the truth she doesn't return the gem or misuse it?" asked Bolin.

"What if she doesn't misuse it? She is clear so far."

Eshin opened his mouth to counter but closed it again when he couldn't think of any contradiction.

"I have a proper solution to your predicament Eshin. The Gem of Arcadia right now will remain with Anikaa," said Honark with finality.

"But Master...," started Bolin but Honark raised his hand.

"The stone has chosen its master Bolin and you know the rules. It will not accept anyone else except her at any cost even if she chooses to relinquish the stone to someone else."

"But Cavallo?"

"The Cavallo is bound by the rules. CAVALLO BELONGS TO THE ONE WHO THE STONE CHOOSES."

When Eshin and Bolin were out of any objections, Honark turned to Anikaa who was looking placidly at him.

"I apologise Anikaa for my inept reception, I didn't even ask you for a glass of water."

"It's alright," said Anikaa waving her hand. "However," she said quietly, "...I do feel thirsty."

"Please," said Honark and suddenly ripe mangoes and a glass of yellow-coloured drink appeared in front of Anikaa.

"It is our special drink," said Honark.

Anikaa took the glass and looked at him.

"I assure you," said Honark with a slight smile. "It is not spiked and is fully edible. It's a mix of mango, pineapple, raspberry and cinnamon with a pinch of...,"

Before Honark could finish enlisting the ingredients, Anikaa, feeling thirstier than ever grabbed the drink and drained it in one go. She had never drunk anything like this before. For a moment, it tasted sharp on her tongue and then it formed a perfect sweetness once the drink reached her throat. It gave her warmth as well as refreshment. Before she could place the glass on the rug, it filled again with crystal clear drink.

"Want to have some more?" asked Honark politely.

"No, thank you," said Anikaa feeling sated after what felt like a decade. She placed the glass on the ground and in a second it vanished.