@ THE HONARKS

As the words came out of Bakti's mouth, every eye shot towards Anikaa. She wondered why Bakti called her Cavallo and whatever it meant? Then, she realised that those piercing, awestruck eyes were not looking at her but behind her- at Bluestar. For what seemed like several moments, nobody spoke a single word as the silent wind stroked Anikaa's hair. There wasn't any sound except of Bluestar who was occasionally whickering as if to display its anxiousness to break the silent scrutiny. Tired of the silence, Anikaa was about to question the reason of bringing them to Himkhasa when one of the men gave a yelp, indicating his hand towards her.

Anikaa, baffled looked enquiringly at him and then stared down at herself. The moonlight was falling directly above her and her mesmerising brown eyes had changed to dazzling golden-blue. Unaware of the power of enchantment she had created, she casted a blank look at the row of petrified spectators.

"How is it possible?" gasped Eshin.

With quick, agile steps he glided down the stairs, his silky white-coloured robe billowing behind him and came to halt in front of Anikaa. Anikaa gazed into the penetrating eyes, unblinkingly. Behind her, Bluestar neighed suddenly and came to stand besides her.

"You have the faithful devotion of Cavallo and your eyes...it means only one thing- YOU POSSESS THE GEM OF ARCADIA."

There was a collective gasp from everyone. All the men who had been standing on the door of pagoda descended down and stared at Anikaa.

"What's Gem of Arcadia and what is Cavallo?" questioned Anikaa.

"We ask the questions girl...not you," said Eshin sternly.

"My name...," said Anikaa curtly, "...is Anikaa."

"You don't speak to Master like that," jumped Bakti. "Respect him," he ordered.

"Give respect, get respect," shot back Anikaa.

Bakti opened his mouth when Eshin tilted his spear forward.

"What do you want me to call you?" he asked impassively.

"Anikaa, if you please," said Anikaa tersely.

"Alright...Anikaa, is it true that you now possess the black gem with you?" he asked.

Anikaa looked squarely at Eshin and said- "Yes."

At her words, there was a sudden murmur in between the five other men. Taru looked down at her feet.

"How did you get hold of it?" asked Eshin unperturbed by the commotion behind him.

"It was given to me by a lady," answered Anikaa.

Eshin's lips twitched at her answer.

"You mean to say that a common woman from your world passed it to you?" he asked.

"Yes," said Anikaa truthfully.

"It's impossible," said one of the men from behind. "She is lying."

"Why would I? What for?" said Anikaa looking straight at him, her golden-blue eyes narrowing.

"Master...," the man called flinching under her gaze.

Eshin waved the head of his spear which resembled an open bird's beak in front of Anikaa, putting her focus back to him.

"How long have you been with Cavallo?"