THE HOME OF HIMKHASA

Rachel was fairly entertained by both the Sturrock brothers on her journey back home. Karan was behind the wheels and Raymond was sitting beside him in the front, both narrating their school and university stories to Rachel. Rachel laughed and giggled when they described how they used to give hard time to their teachers and fun time to their friends.

"No Raymond stop. I can't take it anymore," cried Rachel wiping her eyes.

"I am not finished yet. I've still to tell you about how Karan got trapped in a chicken coop at school's picnic."

"Don't start it now brother. We are almost there. We will sit together and tell all the stories to Rachel and Anikaa, especially the one where you were snapped running naked from pool," said Karan.

"Oh really...," said Raymond giving Karan a friendly punch.

Rachel grinned watching the friendly squabble between the brothers. She never imagined in her wildest dreams that Sturrocks, one of the richest families on earth were so down to earth. Anikaa mam should definitely give a chance to Raymond, she thought.

They reached Shireen villa in few minutes. The driveway was all lit up. As the car entered the gates, Rachel saw Bahadur standing on the porch and wondered the reason behind it. He should be in kitchen right now, she thought. As soon as the car reached the porch, the attendants opened the doors.

"Bahadur, why are you standing outside?" asked Rachel getting out of the car.

Bahadur gave a swift glance at the Sturrocks and Rachel and bent to look inside the car.

"Bahadur...,"

"Where is Anikaa mam?"

***********************

Anikaa saw the car smashing the stone barrier and felt the force with which it flew in the air. It was a matter of seconds. She thought of jumping out of the car but in a moment the car crashed on the ground with a loud boom, Anikaa bounced on her seat, her head bumped on the roof and because of the force, her shoulder slammed into the door. "Ah....," she yelled, spitting the toffee out of her mouth. This is the end, she thought as the car rolled down the hills in full speed. It was so dark that Anikaa could hardly see where the car was going but felt they were sliding helplessly through the bushes and shrubs. Another clap of thunder and she heard- "We got to leave now." Anikaa's eyes flickered to the rear- view mirror. "You!" she said and with a deafening sound car slammed into a large tree.

*************************

"What do you mean? Where is Anikaa mam?" asked Rachel, losing her poise at once.

"Anikaa mam left this afternoon to Milan sir for lunch and since then I've not heard from her," said Bahadur in a low voice.

"Call the driver then," said Rachel, taking out the phone from her bag.

"She was driving," murmured Bahadur.

"Then you should have called Milan," said Raymond vexedly.

"I did. But, Guran said Milan sir and Anikaa mam left hours ago. And, he is unable to get to Milan sir, his phone is unreachable."

"Let me speak to Guran," said Rachel.

Rachel was so worried that she forgot to ask Raymond and Karan inside. But, they didn't seem to bother about the little overlook in the propriety as all of them stood concerned in the doorway. Raymond was almost frowning- Is she still with Milan? Or is it the new trick to avoid him? But no. Anikaa would never do anything so serious to agitate Rachel.