THE LONG LOST MUSEUM

Artefact No.45! How could Rachel miss such a simple detail? Rachel hit her head with the tablet and groaned as its smooth edge collided with her forehead. Of course, it has to be the painting, the painting that has wreaked havoc wherever it had gone. Occupied in her thoughts Rachel sauntered to the living room which was thankfully vacant. She opened her laptop and scanned the inventory list of the paintings.

"Artefact No.45," Rachel muttered under her breath as she scrolled down the excel sheet. "There....," As Rachel suspected, there were three prints of the painting- the original was with Marquis, one was in Khushboo, Anikaa's gallery and the last one was bought by Mrs. Protiva Iyer. Rachel knew the name very well. She remembered the night of Anikaa's accident. Mrs. Protiva Iyer, she was found in the similar circumstances as Mukund. With a quick look towards the closed door of the library, Rachel called Milan.

"Rachel," said Milan hoarsely as he coughed on the phone. "What's up dear? After the last night party, I didn't expect you to call for a week," said Milan as he sniffed loudly.

"The party was amazing. But I see what the booze has done to you," chuckled Rachel as Milan blew his nose.

"Oh! Don't even talk about it. I can handle drinking Rachel but you know what....that filthy Sa sa.....," Rachel counted blessings for Milan as he sneezed uproariously. "Sethna fed me with curd before I passed out. I will drive that wretch to the hillll....." Milan sneezed again as Rachel shook her head in apprehension. Milan was allergic to curd. Period. Everybody knew that. Well, everybody except Mr. Sethna, corrected Rachel herself as Milan gave a piece of his mind to whatever he's thinking about doing to Mr. Sethna. When he stopped for another mounting sneeze Rachel addressed the flaming question to him.

"How's Mrs. Protiva doing Milan? Err...mam asked me to check with you," she clicked her tongue as she lied.

"Oh...that's very thoughtful of Anikaa," said Milan and his tone changed. "Protiva is still the same. The blue colour has subsided but she hasn't gained consciousness. The doctors are still in tizzy as to her condition."

"Oh...," said Rachel as Milan cursed, rubbing his nose.

"I am up to no good. This will last for at least a week inspite of the medicines," Milan groaned. Rachel knew that and so after offering a word of needful sympathy she disconnected the call. There was no point in harassing Milan for anymore information. She scrolled at the unread message that she had received from Jolly, a day before- A few more tests are underway for Mukund. But the man hasn't opened his eyes yet. She flopped the phone on the couch, next to her and closed her eyes as she recollected her thoughts.

So the painting was the key. But what is its role? Mukund was attacked in Mumbai on 24th and Protiva was found unconscious on 27th. The painting was the connection, but how? Rachel remembered how Anikaa had asked others to leave her alone in the office of Khushboo. She clicked on the image of the painting and zoomed it to the full view. "What is with this painting? What's so special?" she muttered. She was still gazing at the screen when an email from Marquis's secretary popped up, sharing the essential details of the shipment and the insurance cover.

The painting was in Protiva's house too and she faced the same fate as Mukund and now the painting was sent back by Marquis. Is Anikaa trying to save him or putting herself in danger? wondered Rachel.

While Rachel was ruminating outside, Raymond was deliberating inside. With his long legs splayed out in front of him as he idly reposed on the flexible cushioned chair, his fingers numblessly disconnecting every incoming call on his phone; not giving a flying dime that he was cancelling meetings with delegations worth millions of dollars, halting projects lingering on final stage that were waiting for his mere nod, not to mention clogging hundreds of daily reports and emails that had to be cleared every single day before it reach to staggering thousands, that he was running one of the biggest conglomerates on earth. No. he didn't cared as only one name ticked in his head- Anikaa.