Chapter 1 - Flight into the unknown

⟡ POV Wooyoung ⟡

POV Wooyoung

The gentle sound of the turbines echoed through my ears. The comfortable leather seat squeaked softly as I nestled deeper into it. I was on the plane to my next assignment. I would say one of my biggest orders I had so far.

I hadn't had the job as a model for very long, but my name was becoming more and more known.

Jung Wooyoung. 21 years old. That's what it said in my application folder with lots of pictures that captured my good looks and charisma. I had many facets and my range of photo shoots was broad. From cool to sexy to cute, I was able to pose and model for everything. I was good at what I did. I enjoyed the job. My fan base grew day by day and I went viral on social media. I deserved it.

Did I sound conceited? Perhaps.

I don't care, I worked hard for the beautiful face and body I have today. My appearance was flawless. From my currently dyed blue hair, to my birthmark under my left eye, to my defined jawline, to my full lips, to my slim yet curvy body. I was happy with my appearance and this was also reflected in my charisma and my work.

Many people I worked with said I was charming and funny. They were all happy with my work so far, I tried hard, I took it seriously. Despite my fame, I was always friendly and respectful to those around me. I was grateful for every order I got, for every fan letter or every article about me in fashion magazines. Being humble and kind was important for me. Despite my hard work and my habit of never giving up, I would never have gotten this far without the support of my fans and my manager.

Kang Yeosang.
My manager and my beloved cousin. The brunette beauty with the face of an angel was sitting next to me in the plane on his laptop and was typing diligently. With his looks he could get into the modeling industry himself, but he always said that this job wasn't for him. Better that way, otherwise he would snatch the orders from under my nose. This way he was more likely to get me the customers and orders.

Yeosang was diligent and worked hard. His concentration and focus was on the screen in front of him. He was a person who planned everything through. He wrote a list for everything. He supported me so much and my gratitude and connection to him cannot be expressed in words. We've always gotten along well since we were little. Yeosang was more of a quiet and introverted person, I was more of a bright and talkative type. After his studies, he devoted himself entirely to me and our work together. Yeosang not only had a beautiful face, but also had something in his brain, a lot in fact.
We became a well-coordinated team and were successful. Things went uphill and we fought our way through this soulless and difficult industry together. Without him I wouldn't be at this point in my life today. In my heyday. In my golden hour.

Without Yeosang I actually wouldn't be on this plane right now. A long flight from Korea to London. An important order. Yeosang didn't give up and used his contacts so that I was allowed to model for a cosmetics campaign. The brand is popular and well-known. It would open more doors for me. My agency had arranged everything, given us the green light, sent me the best team and wished us good luck. I would fill them with pride and return as a new person.

The order gave me butterflies in my stomach. I was excited, maybe a little nervous about the big challenge. I know I can't mess up this chance. There is too much at stake and I would disappoint too many people. Everyone gave their best here. My team, my agency, Yeosang. So I also had to give one hundred percent. Even more.

I looked dreamily out the window, leaned my head on my palm and saw the white clouds floating past me that reminded me of cotton candy. I picked up the champagne glass next to me and took a quick sip. The tingling feeling on my tongue made me grimace briefly.
Yeosang's deep voice next to me tore me out of my thoughts.

"When we arrive today, you'll have about 2 hours to get freshened up. Then we'll go ahead and meet your new stylist. We'll then discuss the further details with him and he'll present us a few of his ideas for the campaign."

Everything is strictly planned. A timed schedule. No room for coincidences or spontaneous actions. This is how I know my cousin and no other way.

"I know Yeo, don't worry. I think you've told me that four times today."

Yeosang smiled slightly, dug his reading glasses out of his bag and put them on.

"I'm your manager Woo, I have to make sure you don't forget anything and have everything covered", he said nodding and then wrote something in his little notebook.

"Oh, what would I do without you, my running calendar", I replied, giggling, and he just rolled his eyes with a smile, without looking up. His hand floated elegantly and quickly over the book.

I looked out the window one more time. My new stylist. I was excited and full of anticipation. What will he be like? I hope nice. I hope I like his ideas and we will work well together.

I had already heard a lot about him. Yeosang had also told me a little bit. He always makes his research.

Kim Hongjoong. A true fashion icon. A legendary designer that created countless collections. There must be a lot of prices in his shelf. Praised by the critics, loved by the press. This man was the definition of style. A true honor that I, a still inexperienced model, was able to work with such a celebrity.

Born in Korea, Kim Hongjoong has lived in London for several years now. Luckily for me, that meant we wouldn't have a language barrier. In general, many of the team would help me with English if there were any problems.

Although I had learned English and practice regularly, there were still a few problems with communication sometimes. English was important for this job as you might travel to many different countries.

For the next four weeks I would make completely new experiences in London and meet lots of new people. A new environment, a new mission and a new opportunity. I nervously fiddled with the sleeves of my top.
The next few weeks would be exhausting, filled with hard work, countless extra hours and perhaps sleepless nights. But I still hoped for a lot of fun and maybe some sightseeing. I would be able to do it step by step. I believed in myself and my abilities. In my skills and talents. Besides, I wasn't alone. I had Yeosang, who was always at my side to help, and hopefully also my new stylist, who will sweeten my job with creative ideas and stunning looks.

A broad smile stretched across my lips and I snuggled more into my seat. I closed my eyes with a pleasant sigh and tried to get some sleep for the rest of the flight. I didn't want to worry too much, I didn't want to unsettle myself with the uncertainty, I wanted to stay positive. I wanted to keep these bad thoughts in my head.

So I dreamed about the four weeks. I dreamed of London. About the best upcoming time.
These weeks would completely change my life.

Oh, how right I was...