Part 16

ENGFA'S POV

"So, what do you want? I don’t have a lot of time," I said, leaning against my desk, my patience already wearing thin.

Patricia took a deep breath, her eyes locking onto mine with a determination I hadn’t seen before. "Okay, let me get straight to the point. I came back for you."

I couldn’t help but laugh, the absurdity of her words catching me off guard. "Good joke. Now, what do you really want?"

"I'm not joking, Fa," she insisted, her voice steady, though her eyes betrayed a hint of desperation. "I really came back for you. I want to fix everything I did wrong. I came back to win you back, so please, Fa, give me a chance."

I shook my head in disbelief. "You're crazy," I muttered, trying to process the audacity of her words.

"But it’s the truth. I really came back for you," she repeated, her tone pleading, as if she truly believed she could rewrite the past.

My patience snapped. "Shut up! First of all, you lost me the moment you chose that guy—or did you forget how you cheated on me? Have you forgotten about that? If you have, then let me remind you: everything that ended between us is your fault! I can’t believe the audacity you have to come back here and talk about winning me back. Yeah, in your dreams!"

I pushed off the desk, ready to end this ridiculous conversation. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of things to do."

Patricia’s eyes filled with determination, even as I brushed her off. "I still won't stop pursuing you," she declared, her voice unwavering.

I exhaled sharply, trying to keep my cool. "I don’t have time for that. Let me make this clear once and for all: I already have a girlfriend."

"Please, Engfa, I’m begging you. Please be mine again. Please?" Her voice broke slightly, the desperation creeping in.

"No," I said firmly, my tone final. "Now leave my office, or I’ll call the police."

She stood up, finally seeming to accept that this wasn’t going the way she had hoped. But just as she was about to leave, she turned back to me.

"I'll win you back, I promise," she said, her voice filled with resolve.

I didn’t bother responding. Instead, I turned my attention back to my work, letting her words fade into the background as she left my office.

I went back to my work after Patricia left my office, trying to refocus on the tasks at hand. My mind was still buzzing with the details of our meeting when suddenly, my phone rang, breaking my concentration. I reached for it, noticing the familiar name on the screen, and quickly answered.

*On the Phone*

Charlotte: "Hello?"

Engfa: "Hi baby, how are you?" Her voice was warm and soothing, instantly bringing a smile to my face.

Charlotte: "I'm good, baby. How about you? I'm actually on my way to the club." I glanced out the window as I spoke, watching the city rush by in a blur.

Engfa: "Is that so? Do you want me to pick you up?" Her concern was evident, and it warmed my heart.

Charlotte: "No, baby, it’s okay. I’ll be fine. I just need a little time to unwind before heading home." I reassured her, not wanting to be a burden.