Part 19

ENGFA'S POV

After we finished lunch, we both returned to our work. From my office, I had a clear view of Charlotte through the large glass window that separated us. Her desk was positioned perfectly across from me a detail I had personally arranged with the maintenance team. I wanted to be able to see her beautiful face whenever I needed a break from the day’s stress.

As I sat there, I found myself staring at her, mesmerized by how focused she was on her work. She was completely in her element, her eyes fixed on the screen, her fingers dancing over the keyboard. I couldn’t resist. I took out my phone and snapped a quick picture of her. Just as I was admiring the photo, I noticed Mr. Win suddenly appear beside her. My mood instantly darkened, and I felt a surge of irritation. I didn’t like how he kept hovering around her.

 I didn’t like how he kept hovering around her

CHARLOTTE'S POV

I was deeply engrossed in my work, trying to finish up quickly so I could spend some more time with Engfa. My focus was so intense that I didn’t even notice Win approaching until he spoke right beside me.

"Hi, Charlotte," he said, his voice breaking my concentration.

"Oh gosh!" I jumped, startled by his sudden presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you," he quickly apologized, his tone genuinely concerned.

"It's okay," I assured him, offering a polite smile. "Do you need something?"

"Oh, I was just going to ask if I could give you a ride home, since it’s getting dark outside," he offered, his tone friendly and casual.

I appreciated the gesture, but I already had plans. "Oh, thank you, Win, but my dad will be picking me up later."

"Is that so? Okay then, take care on your way home," he said with a smile.

"You too," I replied, returning his smile before he walked away.

As I turned back to my work, I had no idea that Engfa had been watching us the entire time. When I glanced toward her office, I noticed her staring at Win with a sharp, almost menacing look. My heart skipped a beat I knew that look all too well. A moment later, my phone buzzed with a text from her.