Part 25

ENGFA'S POV

Charlotte was sound asleep on the couch, completely worn out. She didn’t even stir when I helped her put her clothes back on. Her hair was a mess, and her makeup was smudged, but she still looked beautiful to me. Smiling softly, I decided to let her rest and headed to the bathroom to freshen up myself.

As I was fixing my clothes and reapplying my makeup, I heard a knock at the door. I hurried over and opened it to find Nudee standing there with her usual mischievous grin.

"Hi, bro! What’s up?" she chirped.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked, a little caught off guard.

Nudee raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. "Why? Did I interrupt something?" she teased.

"No!" I replied quickly, too defensively.

She smirked, crossing her arms. "I haven’t even said anything yet, and here you are, getting all defensive," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Stop it," I said, rolling my eyes. "What do you need?"

"Oh, I don’t need anything from you. I need Charlotte."

"Why?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing major," she said with a shrug. "Where is she anyway? She’s supposed to be the secretary, so why are you answering the door? Did you guys switch jobs or something?"

"You’re so annoying. She’s asleep," I said, trying to keep my patience.

Nudee’s grin widened. "Ohh, looks like I didn’t interrupt after all… You two must be done already, huh?" she teased, laughing.

"Nudee!" I warned, giving her a stern look.

"Okay, okay, I’m kidding!" she said, raising her hands in mock surrender. "You’re scary when you do that, you know?"

"What do you actually need?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation back on track.

"I need Charlotte’s signature on this," Nudee said, holding up a file.

"I’ll sign it for her," I said, reaching for the papers.

"Why don’t you just wake her up?" Nudee asked, giving me a curious look.

"She’s too tired," I said firmly.

Nudee’s teasing smile returned. "Too tired from what?"

I shot her a look, making it clear she was treading on thin ice.

"Okay, okay! Sign it here!" she said, handing me the file quickly. "Geez, lighten up!"

I shook my head, taking the pen and signing on Charlotte’s behalf. Nudee was always full of jokes, but at least she knew when to back off most of the time.

CHARLOTTE'S POV

I felt someone gently touching my hair, and I slowly opened my eyes to see Engfa smiling at me. The warmth in her gaze made my heart flutter. Without a second thought, I reached out my hands, silently asking for a hug.