Part 15

ENGFA'S POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice devoid of any emotion, not giving away the storm brewing inside.

"Is that how you greet your clients here, love?" Patricia's voice oozed seduction, her lips curling into a smirk as she deliberately emphasized the last word.

"Love? Are you out of your mind?" I shot back, my tone sharp, though I refused to let her see how much her presence unsettled me.

"Why? Aren't you happy to see me again, love?" She cooed, taking a step closer, her eyes gleaming with mischief as she tried to close the gap between us.

"No, I'm not! And stop calling me 'love.' You have no right." Frustration seeped into my voice, my hands clenching into fists at my sides. I couldn’t stand the way she played with words, turning something once meaningful into a weapon.

"Why?" she asked, her voice dripping with mock innocence as she tilted her head, clearly enjoying the game.

"Stop asking questions and just tell me why you're here! What do you need?" My patience was wearing thin. I could feel the anger bubbling beneath the surface, threatening to spill over.

"Didn't my secretary tell you why we're here?" she replied with feigned surprise, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "And besides, I wanted to see my future wife, so what's wrong with that?"

"Your future wife?" I echoed in disbelief, the words catching in my throat. "After everything you've done, you actually expect me to marry you? You're out of your mind!"

I couldn’t believe the audacity she had, standing there as if she hadn’t shattered my world once before.

"Look, love, let me explain, please." Her voice softened, and for a fleeting moment, I almost believed the sincerity in her eyes. But that word *love* still lingered, tainting the air between us.

"I told you, stop calling me 'love'!" I snapped, my control finally breaking. The word stung every time it left her lips, a cruel reminder of what we once had, and how it had all turned to ash.

NUDEE'S POV

I watched as Engfa's face contorted with anger, her usual calm demeanor replaced by a fiery intensity. This was the first time she had seen Patricia since everything had fallen apart between them. I hadn’t expected her to react so strongly.

If you're wondering, Patricia is Engfa's ex-girlfriend—or rather, her ex-fiancée.

"Hey, bro, calm down," I said, trying to rein in the storm of emotions threatening to overwhelm Engfa.

"How come you didn't know that this woman would be our client today?" she snapped, her eyes sharp and accusing. "Didn't I tell you to check the background of our clients?"

I flinched at her tone, feeling the weight of her frustration. "I did, but Charlotte mentioned that it was her secretary who booked the meeting. I had no idea it would be Patricia."

Engfa’s glare softened just a fraction, but the tension was still thick in the air.

I turned to Patricia, who had been silently watching the exchange. "I'm sorry, Patricia. I don't want to sound rude, but could you please give us a moment?" I asked, trying to defuse the situation.

"Sure, I'll wait outside," Patricia replied, her tone polite but unreadable. With a nod to her secretary, she left the room, closing the door behind her.