Part 23

AOOM'S POV

"P'Fa," I called out softly, not wanting to disturb her too much as she sat beside Charlotte.

Engfa looked up from where she was gently holding Charlotte’s hand. "Yes?"

I shifted nervously, unsure how to start. "Can I leave for a while? I need to go home and tell my mom and uncle about everything that happened. I don’t want them to worry too much, so I didn’t call or message them yet."

Engfa’s face softened with understanding, and she nodded. "Of course, Aoom. Go ahead. Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her."

I smiled, feeling reassured. "I know you will, P'Fa. That’s why I’m not so worried about leaving for a bit."

I turned to leave, but as I reached the door, Engfa’s voice stopped me.

"Oh, and Aoom?" she called after me.

I turned around, raising an eyebrow. "Yes?"

She chuckled lightly, a glimmer of amusement dancing in her eyes. "Tell your friend Tim that if he wants to see Charlotte, he can come in now. It’s been over an hour since he bought water, and he’s still pacing outside like he’s waiting for permission."

I couldn’t help but laugh a little at that. I know Tim is intimidated by Engfa. "I’ll tell him, P'Fa."

Engfa nodded, her gaze softening again as she looked back at Charlotte. "Bye, Aoom. Take care on your way home."

"Bye, P'Fa. You take care too."

With that, I slipped out of the room, taking one last glance at the two of them before I headed down the hallway. Tim was indeed standing outside, looking awkward as he held a couple of bottles of water.

"Tim," I called out as I approached. "You can go in now. P'Fa said it’s fine."

He blinked, a mix of relief and anxiety crossing his face. "Oh... okay. Thanks, Aoom."

I patted his arm with a small smile. "Don’t worry, She doesn't bite."

He nodded, looking down at the water in his hands. "I just… didn’t want to interrupt anything."

"You won’t," I assured him. "Go see her"

With that, I left Tim to gather his courage and walked toward the exit, my mind already planning how to explain everything to my family without worrying them too much. It was going to be a long conversation, but at least I knew Charlotte was in good hands with P'Fa.

ENGFA'S POV

I heard soft knocks on the door before it slowly creaked open, revealing Tim standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Come in," I said with a small smile. "I don’t bite."

He gave a hesitant nod, stepping inside, his eyes immediately darting toward Charlotte.

"I-Is she okay?" he asked, his voice shaky, filled with concern.

I sighed, glancing back at Charlotte, who was still resting. "Not really. But the doctor said she’ll be fine, so you don’t have to worry."