Season 4, Chapter 1: The Desert's Secrets

The heat of the Sahara was relentless, even as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting an orange glow over the endless dunes. Lakhan and Rakesh stood at the balcony of their hotel room, staring into the vast desert landscape. They had been left behind by their guide, who had claimed that the trek to the ruins they sought was too dangerous and refused to venture any further.

"This doesn't feel right," Lakhan muttered, squinting at the desert stretching out in front of them. "We've barely made any progress, and we're running out of time."

Rakesh, clutching the ancient map in his hands, looked equally concerned. "We have to make our own way. The guide isn't coming back, and we can't afford to wait."

It was nearly midnight when they decided to leave the safety of the hotel and explore on their own. They packed light, bringing only essentials—the map, some water, a flashlight, and the ancient pendant from Saap Bhumi cult that Divyans had passed to Lakhan. Both of them felt the weight of the unknown on their shoulders, but they had no choice. They needed answers, and fast.

---

The Abandoned Train Station

Their destination that night was an old, abandoned train station just outside the town. Rumors circulated that the station, long unused, was once a key location for smugglers and explorers who ventured deep into the Sahara. If there were any clues to the piece of Naga Passam hidden in the desert, this station might hold some answers.

As they approached the station, the eerie silence of the desert night grew more intense. The wind howled through the broken windows of the station building, and the creaking of old metal echoed in the stillness. The platform was covered in sand, and the tracks had long since rusted, but something about the place felt off.

Lakhan shivered as they stepped inside the dark, crumbling building. "This place gives me the creeps," he whispered, shining his flashlight over the walls. Faded posters and broken signs littered the floor, and the air was thick with dust.

Suddenly, the temperature dropped noticeably. Rakesh, feeling the sudden chill, stopped in his tracks. "Do you feel that?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Lakhan nodded, gripping the flashlight tighter. "Yeah, it's colder than it should be." The hair on the back of his neck stood on end as they ventured deeper into the station.

The silence was soon interrupted by the sound of metal scraping against metal. Lakhan spun around, shining his light toward the noise. There, on the platform, stood an old train car—something neither of them had noticed when they first arrived. It was covered in rust, half-buried in sand, but it looked strangely... intact.

"Was that here when we arrived?" Lakhan asked, his voice wavering.

Rakesh shook his head. "I don't think so. But it can't move on its own... right?"

As they stood frozen in place, they heard it again—metal scraping, followed by a distant whisper that neither could make out. The train door creaked open, slowly, as if inviting them inside.

Rakesh took a hesitant step back. "I don't like this. We should leave."

But something compelled Lakhan to move closer. His heart pounded in his chest, but he felt an invisible pull towards the train car, like something was drawing him in. "Maybe there's something inside... something we need to see."

Despite the fear gnawing at them, they both cautiously approached the train car. Lakhan climbed the rusted steps first, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the stillness. As he stepped inside, his flashlight flickered and then died, plunging them into darkness.

"Rakesh!" Lakhan called out, his voice trembling. But there was no answer.

Suddenly, a voice whispered in his ear, soft but chilling: "You shouldn't have come here."

Lakhan's breath caught in his throat as he spun around, his eyes wide with terror. There was no one there. The air felt thick and oppressive, and the distant sound of a train whistle pierced the silence, though no trains had run through this station in years.

Before he could react, the walls of the train car seemed to shift and change, as if the car itself was alive. Shadows twisted and danced along the metal, forming shapes that looked like serpents coiling around the interior.

Lakhan stumbled backward, bumping into Rakesh, who had just stepped into the car. "What... what's happening?" Rakesh gasped, his voice shaking.

The shadows slithered across the walls, growing larger, their movements more frantic. Lakhan felt a cold sweat break out across his forehead. "We need to get out of here."

As they turned to leave, the door of the train car slammed shut with a deafening bang, trapping them inside. The entire car began to shake violently, as if it were about to come off its tracks. The temperature dropped even further, their breath visible in the cold air.

Rakesh fumbled for his flashlight, his hands trembling, but when he finally turned it on, the beam revealed something horrifying—at the far end of the train car, a figure stood shrouded in darkness, its form barely human. Its eyes glowed an unnatural green, and around its neck was a pendant similar to the one Divyans had given Lakhan. But this figure looked ancient, like it had been there for centuries, waiting.

"Who are you?" Lakhan demanded, though his voice cracked with fear.

The figure's lips twisted into a smile, but it said nothing. Instead, it raised one skeletal hand and pointed toward the window. Outside, the desert landscape had changed. The dunes were gone, replaced by a sea of writhing snakes, their bodies slithering over each other in an endless mass.

Rakesh grabbed Lakhan's arm. "We need to get out now!"

With a burst of adrenaline, they both lunged for the door, forcing it open with all their strength. As soon as they stepped out, the train car behind them disappeared. The station was empty again, silent and still, as if nothing had happened.

Breathing heavily, they stumbled back onto the sand-covered platform, their hearts racing. Lakhan glanced back at where the train car had been, but there was nothing there—just an empty track.

"What the hell was that?" Lakhan gasped, trying to steady his breathing.

Rakesh, still gripping the ancient map, looked pale but determined. "I don't know... but whatever it was, it's connected to the Naga Passam. We're not safe, Lakhan. There's something watching us, something dark."

They both exchanged a look of understanding. The desert wasn't just testing their resolve—it was toying with them. The expedition was already proving more dangerous than they had imagined, and the night had only just begun.

Shaken but resolute, they knew they couldn't turn back now. Whatever haunted the desert was part of the puzzle, and they were running out of time. The next step in their journey would bring them closer to the truth—but also, perhaps, closer to a darkness neither of them was prepared to face.

With the haunting experience at the train station still fresh in their minds, Lakhan and Rakesh knew that the desert was far more treacherous than they had anticipated. They pressed on, determined to find the piece of the Naga Passam hidden somewhere in the sands. But the shadows of the past and the ever-present threat of the serpent cult were closing in, and the journey ahead would only get more perilous.