Part 3: The Journey Begins

Armed with the book and the mysterious letter, Priya contacted a fellow scholar and close friend, Dr. Ravi Krishnan, an expert in South Indian temple architecture and esoteric rituals. Together, they began piecing together the clues from the ancient texts and maps. Their research pointed them toward a remote, uninhabited island off the coast of Tamil Nadu, in the Indian Ocean, far from any shipping routes or tourist trails. This, they believed, could be the real Naga Theevu.

But their investigation wasn't without its dangers. As they dug deeper, strange things began to happen. Priya's house in Kanchipuram was broken into, though nothing of value was stolen—only her research notes were disturbed. Ravi reported similar incidents, with unknown men following him late at night. It became clear that they weren't the only ones interested in the curse of Snake Island.

Despite the mounting danger, Priya knew she had to go to the island herself. The only way to truly understand the legend—and the curse—was to confront it. With Ravi's help, they secured a small boat and a local fisherman willing to take them to the mysterious island, though he warned them that the waters around the area were treacherous, and the island was believed to be cursed by the local seafaring communities.

The night before they were set to depart, Priya received another message, slipped under her door. It was unsigned, like the first, but this time the tone was more urgent:

"The island holds more than just serpents. The Curse of the Nagapasham cannot be undone, only unleashed. You are walking into the jaws of death. Turn back before it is too late."

But Priya had come too far to turn back now. The journey to Naga Theevu had begun.