Chapter 3: A jerk like him

'Wet dreams? What does he mean by wet dreams?'

Think, Morticia, think. Wet... dreams... Wait, could it be...

"Hey!" Her fist flew to his chest. He didn't flinch, not even a little. "Wet dreams? Do I look like a kid who dreams about wetting the bed? Screw you, bonehead!"

Klaus's face turned stunned. She doesn't know what wet dreams are. A chuckle tore out of his throat. She's so innocent, and he loved teasing her.

"You don't look happy to see me, Bunnie. I thought you'd miss me, but I guess I was wrong."

"Why would I miss a bonehead like you? Not only do I have my brother to tease me, but now you too. A few seconds ago, you even thought I'd wet my bed," she snapped, her voice just quiet enough not to wake the others.

He chuckled. "That's not what I meant..."

"Whatever... I'm going to bed," she snapped and turned to leave.

"What about the bowl of ice cream you're craving?" he asked, and she halted.

Wait, how does he know?

Klaus scoffed and went to get the ice cream for her. "Here, you usually crave it in the middle of the night," he nudged her to take it. "Take it and stop sleepwalking."

Morticia glanced down at the ice cream and back at him.

"That's not what I came for," she snapped and marched back to her room. Slamming the door with a light thud, she held her chest.

"What was that, Morty?" she mumbled, recalling how she had asked him to kiss her. Her face contorted into a frustrated one. "I must be crazy... Why did I have to say that? Why?"

How was she going to face him tomorrow? Gosh, his presence was driving her crazy. She ran to her bed, buried her face in her pillow, and let out a scream.

---

The next morning, Morticia checked herself in the mirror. Her hair was tied up, and she was wearing her favorite sweatshirt and trousers. Her white sneakers and handbag were neat, accentuating her beauty.

"Cute," she complimented herself and put on her glasses. Her eye condition was inherited from her father. "Perfect."

"Mom, I'm off!" she announced, heading down the stairs excitedly, but she flinched when she saw Klaus, all dressed up, as if waiting for her.

"W... Why are you dressed up?" she mumbled.

"Oh, you're finally ready," Ava said from behind her before Klaus could reply. "I told him you wanted to check out the campus. He's going with you."

"What?"

No... no... This isn't happening. Not Klaus of all people.

"What about Vincent?" she asked.

"He's out with his girlfriend, Sienna. Let's go, Bunnie," Klaus answered.

"No."

"He knows the campus better... and I..." Ava glanced at her wristwatch. "I better get going."

"M..." Morticia wanted to retort, but her mother had already run out. Her eyes met Klaus's.

"If you don't want to go with me, then it's fine," he said.

"No," she said quickly. "I do... I just don't want to bother anyone," she replied, and he nodded.

"Okay. Do you have your inhaler with you?" Something about Klaus's voice made her want to hear more of it. It sounded sleepy, hoarse, and intriguing.