Chapter 2: Wet dreams

"Really?" Rhea exclaimed on the other side of the video call.

"Yes, really! I... I don't know what to do. It's driving me nuts," Morticia complained.

"Can't you just tell him? You've been crushing on him since you were twelve." This wouldn't be the first time Rhea urged her to confess her feelings to Klaus.

"For the millionth time, it's impossible. He doesn't see me that way; he's way out of my league. Vincent would go crazy once he finds out I think of his Bestfriend like that... I'll just try to bury these feelings," the words felt like a lie on Morticia's lips. Her heart had a mind of its own around that demigod.

"Oh yeah? And how long have you been trying to kill those feelings?"

"I don't know... I guess I'll just keep trying," she mumbled. "I hope you're okay. You know we... plan to..."

"No, it's fine. Washington is way better than here. I knew your mother wouldn't agree to send you to a low-tier school," Rhea said. "But the good part is... you're at the same college as your childhood crush!" Rhea giggled.

"Stop, or I swear I'll kill you."
___

[CASINO]

A man glanced over his opponent, a smile on his face as he played his card.

"I won... Hahaha," he laughed out loud and reached to take the money on the table, but a hand stopped him.

"You cheated, didn't you? How come you've been winning the whole time, James?" his opponent asked, and James slapped the hand away.

"Why would I cheat? If I did, you would've noticed."

His opponent sighed, having no choice but to let him take the money.

James headed to the bar to celebrate his victory, his hand reaching into his pocket and drawing out several cards. He recalled how he was almost caught.

"That could have been bad," he mumbled and raised his glass to drink, but his phone beeped, displaying a message.

Opening it, his eyes widened, and his heart skipped a beat.

~Klaus is in town, better run.~

A figure took a seat beside him, grabbing his drink. Shifting his gaze to the side, a chill ran down his spine.

"What's up, James?" Klaus greeted, taking a sip of the beer.

"Shit!" James cursed and immediately stood to run but bumped into a hard chest. His eyes met familiar grey ones-another devil, Vincent.

"Oh God."

In a dark alley, James's body collided with the wall, his backbone nearly breaking. Like a small fountain, blood spilled from his lips as he crumbled to the cold, dirty floor.

"Where is it?" Vincent asked, his voice icy.

"I... don't know. I don't fucking know!" James trembled, struggling to catch his breath.

Klaus swept his dark hair back, a sign he was about to lose his temper.

"I'd advise you to get this over with. I just got back from a trip, and I haven't fucked yet, so just spill the goddamn truth," Klaus growled.

"I... I can't."

A swift kick landed on his face, courtesy of Vincent. Klaus crouched and grabbed James by the hair, yanking it back. A cry tore out from his lips.

"You want it the hard way? Alright, I'll grant your request," Klaus said, slamming James's head hard on the ground.

After they got the information they wanted, they headed to a club-a dimly lit room with slow music booming all around. The smell of alcohol, sex filled the room as Scantily dressed women danced and ground against men, most engaging in intimate activities.