Chapter 13: So long suckers!

After a long while, Morticia had left his home for school. Klaus received a message from one of his people saying Morticia might be in trouble.

Cursing, he drove straight to the school to find her. He spotted Valerie, her roommate, and asked about Morticia's whereabouts. Valerie tried to shrug him off, but he was persistent.

"She left in a hurry, probably pressed for something."

Klaus rushed to the nearby restroom and spotted a familiar feminine figure. She fidgeted at the sight of him, and he immediately knew Bunnie was there.

Grabbing her by the collar, he roared, "Where the fuck is she?"

Morticia's scream caught his attention, and he immediately dashed into the restroom to help.

As Morticia attacked the guy again, Klaus's eyes widened.

"Bunnie!"

Klaus pulled her away from the guy and snapped at her. "Stop it, you could get hurt!"

The guy finally opened his eyes and swung the knife at Klaus.

"Watch out!" Morticia yelled.

With a swift move, Klaus spun to grab the guy's hand holding the dagger. He twisted the man's wrist, and a sickening crack pierced the air, followed by the guy's scream.

The knife slipped from his hand, and Klaus caught it. He considered stabbing the guy's hand into the wall, but the thought of Morticia watching shattered that impulse.

He couldn't get brutal with her there.

He hissed and punched the guy hard in the face.

Morticia's chest heaved. She quickly took out her inhaler and took a few breaths. Closing her eyes, she felt much better.

Later, Klaus and Morticia stepped out of police custody. Klaus looked like someone trying hard to control his anger.

"Thanks, Klaus," Morticia said, adjusting her glasses.

"You're welcome."

"I was wondering how you found me." She blinked with curiosity.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does. Did you follow me to school? How did you know I was in trouble?"

"I..." Klaus quickly thought of an excuse. "I wanted to apologize for acting like a jerk this morning and thank you for staying by my side. So I asked your roommate, Valerie, where you were and then heard your scream in the restroom."

Way to go, Klaus... You're such a good liar.

"Oh... well, I was mad at you, but I guess we're even now."

Klaus scrutinized her and asked softly, "Are you alright?"

She hesitated, battling with her feelings. "Yes... I guess."

"Cool. I need to be somewhere. Take care, Bunnie." He ruffled her hair and left, while Morticia fell into her own thoughts.

She glanced down at her slightly torn dress and sighed.

Was she really okay? That had terrified her.

---

"Indian pig!"

"Look at her, so disgusting!"

"Pig!"

"Pig!"

"We hate you, get the fuck out!"

Rhea jerked as the orange hit her back. Her eyes shut as she faced her locker. Her basketball teammates had ruined the clothes she was supposed to change into.