Chapter 12: Attacked

"I’m sorry," she whimpered, tears falling from her eyes. "Please let go... it hurts."

He let go of her. "You know what? You’re not allowed to go to your stupid dorm anymore. You’ll leave for school from home and come straight back. You know the consequences of disobeying me. I should have done this a long time ago," he said and left the room while she stood there crying for a while.

She left the room, and her eyes met Mrs. Hanson's downstairs. Her eyes were filled with concern. Nica gritted her teeth and went to her room.

"Dear," Mrs. Hanson called gently as she watched her husband settle down to eat.

"What?" he raised a brow.

Mrs. Hanson opened her mouth and then closed it. She swallowed and replied, "Nothing. Enjoy your meal," fear evident in her voice.

__

Klaus's eyes slowly opened, his head feeling like it was splitting in two. Gosh, he hated hangovers. He must have drunk a lot last night.

Before he could move, his eyes settled on a fragile figure. She was sitting on the floor, her head resting on his hand.

Bunnie? he thought. How the hell did she get here? He remembered calling Vincent to help him out, so why was she here?

Klaus took a moment to observe her calm face. She had long eyelashes resting on her gently puffed cheeks. Her nose was tiny, and her lips were rosy.

Strange. He had been seeing this nerd in a different way lately. The weirdest thing that had ever happened to him.

His brain recalled the kiss she had with Jamie. Before he could stop himself, he roughly slipped his hand away from under her head, the action waking her up.

He got down from the couch and watched her rub her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a hoarse voice.

"Huh?" she parted her lips, her sleepy eyes slightly unfocused, her hair messy.

"Never mind," he said, heading for his fridge to grab a drink for his hangover.

"Oh my God, what time is it?" Morticia almost stumbled against the chair. Seriously, what time did she sleep?

"The time says: get the fuck out of my house," he mumbled. He was acting like a jerk, and he knew it.

Morticia shook her head and pulled out her phone. She sighed in relief. "I've got time. How are you feeling?"

"None of your business," he muttered as he drank again.

"If you're going to be rude, do it after answering my question so I can leave you alone."

"I'm fine. So go meet your weird boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

"The wimp."

"Jamie is not a wimp," she retorted.

"So he's your boyfriend after a kiss? What a joke."

She scoffed, his words finally pissing her off. "You know what... I'm not arguing with you. Since you're fine, I'm leaving."

She walked towards the door and stopped to face him again.

"What the hell is your problem?!" she snapped. "You're not the only one with shitty things to deal with, so appreciate those who care about you!" She left, shutting the door with a loud thud.
___

Morticia headed straight to her dorm to freshen up. Klaus had been rude to her lately.

She pulled out her diary and began writing about her experience the previous day. Her smile brightened when she got to the part about the kiss with Jamie.

At the end, she wrote:

"Dear Diary... I’m finally getting over Klaus."

She closed her diary and quickly made her way to class. Upon arriving, she was surprised not to see Jamie in his seat.

She texted him but got no reply. Was he okay? Sighing, she tried her best to focus on the class.

The class dragged on, and she felt the urge to use the restroom but managed to hold it in until the class ended.

She was the first to rush out, searching for the restroom. The school was huge, so she had to ask around before finally finding it.

"Thank you," she said to the girl who directed her and hurried off.

The girl pulled out her phone and texted something, a smirk on her lips.

The restroom was quiet and empty. Morticia quickly entered one of the stalls.

After she was done, she stepped out to wash her hands and face, not noticing the two figures watching her.

"Hey."

Her head snapped toward the hoarse voice. Two men had entered, smirking as they eyed her.

Morticia blinked in confusion.

Why were they here? She had clearly seen the female sign before entering the restroom.

"Uh... you’re in the wrong place," she stammered.

"Oh no, sweetheart, we’re exactly where we need to be. With you," the one in front chuckled, making her stomach churn.

"I... I need to go," she said, trying to step away, but one of them grabbed her, pulling her closer.

"Let go of me!" she snapped, fear gripping her.

The other man suddenly grabbed her waist and swept her off her feet.

Morticia fell to the floor as he hovered over her.

"Let me go!" she screamed.

"No one will hear you, sweetheart," one of them sneered, pinning her arms above her head. He pulled out a dagger.

Panic surged through her as she felt an asthma attack creeping in. No.. not now...

Her hands was pinned above her, so she couldn't reach her bag. If the attack hit, these men would enjoy watching her suffer.

"Please... let me go," she whimpered as the second man pulled out his phone. Morticia had no idea what they were planning, but her heart raced when the one with the dagger began tearing at her clothes.

She struggled, but her focus was on the seizure creeping in.

"Shh... it’ll hurt less if you don’t fight. Just give in..." The one holding her hand whispered and drew his face closer.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, revealing a figure with blazing eyes, his breath ragged.

"Bunnie!" Klaus yelled, and the men froze. "Motherfucker!" He charged at the first man, punching him in the face. Grabbing him by the hair, Klaus slammed his head into the sink. It shattered, and the man collapsed, blood dripping from his head.

The second man, distracted, didn’t see Morticia grab her bag. She pulled out her pepper spray and sprayed it directly into his face.

"Ahh! Fuck!" he screamed.

She grabbed her bag, filled with heavy books, and began hitting his head repeatedly. Each strike sent pain through the man’s skull.

"You!" Smack. "Piece!" Smack. "Of!" Smack. "Shit!" Smack. "Having no respect!" Smack. "You motherfucker!"

Klaus wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her away from the man, who was still struggling with his eyes, while she kicked her legs in a funny way.

"Careful, Bunnie. He has a dagger. Let me handle him," Klaus said to her.

"Okay," Morticia nodded, breathing heavily. But as Klaus turned, she ran back toward the man and started hitting him again, yelling. "Asshole!"

"Bunnie!"