Chapter 7: Bullied

Dimitri was beaten until she passed out. Nica and the other girls then took her to the nearby clinic.

Klaus didn't care, even though he knew this might cause a stir, especially with Simon.

Dimitri was Simon's cousin!

The moment he saw the bruises on Morticia, her face wet with tears and her blouse soaked in apple juice, he wanted to end whoever did it.

The picture of her pitiful state popped up on the school blog, and immediately, a comment from Vincent's account appeared.

~Delete this, or I'll fucking hunt you.~

Almost immediately, the post was deleted. Klaus gritted his teeth, frustrated that he hadn't gotten the name of the blogger before it vanished. He'd ask Vincent when he saw him.

"Ahhh," Morticia winced at the sting on her knee as Klaus helped her treat it.

"I didn't even put much. Stop being dramatic," he said, his voice cold, still showing his anger.

Morticia took a moment and stared at his serious face, watching him as he brought out the bandage to dress her wound. Every single detail of his features was perfect, making her heart flutter. The urge to touch and feel his face surged through her-though she found it strange.

*Remember, you said you were ending those feelings in you. Stop staring at him, Morticia,* her subconscious reminded her.

Just a little longer. She wanted to stare at him for a little longer.

His gaze suddenly met hers, and she quickly looked away, scolding herself inwardly.

"All done," he mumbled, and she looked down at her knee, surprised he had already finished.

"How long has this been going on?" he asked, his gaze piercing.

"What do you mean?"

"How long has she been bullying you? This isn't the first time, I'm sure of it."

Morticia bit her tongue nervously.

"Answer me, Bunnie."

"High school," she whispered, averting her gaze to the floor.

"High school? Was it because of me?"

"Can we not talk about this? I have a class to catch," Morticia changed the topic, praying silently that Klaus wouldn't press further.

He stood and offered her his hand. "Let's get you a new set of clothes first."

Morticia sighed and took his hand.

"Wait, wear this," he said, removing his jacket and offering it to her. Only then did Morticia notice the large word written on the back of the jacket.

SIN.

"T... there's no need for that," she shook her head.

"Students are everywhere. Wear it before I change my mind."

What's with the cold tone? Seriously. Sighing, she took the jacket and put it on. His familiar sweet cologne hit her nose, and she inhaled more of it. She missed it.

*'Morticia, remember what you promised yourself,'* her subconscious reminded her again, and she immediately composed herself.

Klaus glanced at his phone, seeing a message from Simon, summoning him. He ignored the message and pocketed his phone.

*Is that Sin? Gosh, he's hot!...*

*I heard he's the son of Mr. Barnard, one of the richest men in New York...*