Souls

"Will she be okay?" Autumn asked.

Reece squeezed autumns hand reassuringly, worried about the response they were going to get, and he had every right to be...

The two felt like they were waiting for eons before the doctor finally started talking.

"I'm so sorry for your loss.. time of death 10:28 am." The doctor spoke.

It took everything in Reece for him not to fall to his knees and just burst out crying, instead he just froze, didn't say a word.

"If you'd like to see her, now's your chance." Reece practically ran into the room, kneeling by Marjorie's side.

"Come on love, please wake up, I can't loose you marj. You're my everything, please don't leave me like this. Don't leave us like this." Reece said, holding Marjorie's hand. Her hand was cold and pale, not like the Marjorie he used to know.

"Reece she won't wake up." Autumn said, sitting beside Reece and rubbing his back.
"But-." Reece started, he knew it was no use. All he could do now was grieve, and that's all he did.
———————-

Reece hadn't been the same since Marjories passing, all he wanted to do was hold her again, tell her she's okay. But instead, she's dead all because of his pathetic excuse of a father.

"Hey Reece, how you feeling?" Autumn said gently, careful not to startle him.
"Fine." Reece mumbled in response. Autumn sighed, walking over to the bed he was in and, sitting beside him and resting her head on his shoulder.

"I miss her, so much." Reece told autumn. He was holding a small picture of Marjorie he used to keep in his wallet. It was a picture of the two of them, a kiss they shared when Reece took them out for a date, that was the day he planned to propose to her.

"Reece, you have to let her go." Autumn said. "She's not in pain anymore, she's safe now." Autumn reassured him.
"It still feels like she's her, not her body, but her soul." Reece replied.

He still had hold of the picture, refusing to put it back where it belonged. All he could do was look at it, but not her in real life. There was no purpose for him to wake up anymore.

His life was meaningless, his world crumbled and had no colour before he met Marjorie.

She was his colour, and his world.

And nothing has changed...

—————————-

Rats told you I'd kill her off fletchsketch Thekn1ghtnurs3ry